Author Topic: Margaret Stewart/Connelly/King  (Read 19082 times)

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Stewart/Connelly/King
« Reply #18 on: Friday 13 February 09 08:33 GMT (UK) »
There is a definate connection Pat, just don't ask me to work it out :-)
Trying to do my tree is headache enough.
I did have a copy of Jeannie's birth certificate but i think my cousin has it
now.
I will need to try and get a hold of him sometime soon as he is older than mean and spent a lot of time staying with my Grandparents in Deanston.
My family haven't moved far .My dad was born in Sweety Lane (Graham st) in 1919 . then they moved to Deanston, my dad worked in the Cotton mill from when he left school 1932/33 until it closed 64/65 (with a break during the war serving with the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders)
He met my mum there and they lived in Deanston for the rest of thier lives,
mum passed away 2000 and dad in 2003.
I myself lived in Deanston till i got married in 1990 and have lived in Doune ever since.
There are desendants of Margaret and James King still within the area, and infact we stayed just along the street from each other in Deanston.
It's funny coming across you at this time.
In Doune we have a local Information Centre (it's independantly run ,nothing to do with Scottish tourist board) and they get a lot of people contacting them trying to trace family etc.
Recently Nigel Bishop who is the main man in the centre recieved a letter from a lady who is coming to Scotland next month to trace her Connelly
family who were one of the family's living in Sweety Lane.
She is from Toorak, Victoria.
I have contacted her and she and i both think there is a connection with both Connelly families in Sweety Lane but not sure how.
Anyway must go it's 08.30 here and i have to get the wee fella up to school.
                        Will Keep in Touch
                               Kenny

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 13 February 09 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenny - Do have a copy of Jeanie birth cert she was born 17th Sept 1883 (illegitimate) so was registered as Jane Stewart but there is a RCE where action was taken to name the father Alexander Brownlie (miner) and I can't read his blasted address.  Have sent you a PM with my e.mail adds so then may be I can send you a copy.  Can find no record of Maggie and Alexander Brownlie being married ??? and her death cert only names husband Connelly and King ??
Now all I need to find out is where on earth Robert Stewart was born ??? Maggies father.... could be Bannockburn or St Cuthberts Edinburgh, parents Robert Stewart and Ann Denovan married St Ninians ...my brick wall.
All very interesting..all the best Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 13 February 09 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Kenny - just got the 1891 census of Scotlands People and there are a swag of Connelly's in Sweetie Lane, when I have your e.mail adds will see if I can send  ::)
Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 February 09 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Where is Sweetie Lane?
Yes Pat, Kenny and I know each other although we havent seen each other for 20 years!
I have Connellys connected to my tree too - lived in Bridge of Allan but were linked to Kincardine ancestors by marriage.. I'll check it out and get back to you in case there is a connection to yours.
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 14 February 09 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val and Kenny - Have the strangest feeling we are all conected in some way..this will probably come out in the wash.  Kenny, didn't you have some correspondence re family with Jack Steel in Canada, he is also Stewart/Ferguson connection (have not heard from him in an age) also my dear  ;D  :o  :P that's my grannie on the bike..LOL someone did tell me what make it was but honestly can't remember. Meanwhile  thanks for the e.mail adds and I will be in touch. Sub tropical rain here in Queensland so it gives me an excuse to sit on the computer not that I need an excuse  ::)
Take care..Pat

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 14 February 09 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica - If you are reading this  ???

Yep am getting a lot of information..LOL

x-rays not as good as expected..may have to give up smoking  :o or emphysema will escalate ho-hum

Regards Pat

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 14 February 09 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Pat, do what the doctors say and take care  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 14 February 09 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica...Pat

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 16 February 09 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Pat
I have just added some bits to your tree on Ancestry!You know that Maggie Stewart married John Connelly and then James King. They had a son called John King in about 1897, according to the 1901 census when he is living with his parents and 2 half brothers Robert and James Connolly at 4 Graham St in Doune.
Maggies second husband James King (bap 13 May 1869 Doune, Kilmadock) is the son of James King and Mary Connolly, both of whom are from Ireland. (b abt 1835 and 1832 respectively)
I am thinking this is where the connection Kenny mentions comes in - perhaps Maggies first husband was a relation of her second husbands mother??

To add to the confusion, Mary Connolly appears to have a whole batch of other kids going by the name Welsh or Walsh - they appear on the censuses as you will see... but I havent figured out how to add them to your tree yet.

What a lot of shenanigans    :o..... and folks from Doune and Deanston are still like that, eh, Kenny? ;) ;)

Us folks from Callander used to wonder if there was something in the water ;D
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump