Author Topic: Margaret Stewart/Connelly/King  (Read 19076 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Stewart/Connelly/King
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 February 09 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Thought for a minute we had a break through, not the case, this Robert Stewart not mine..he died in 1898.
Dates and places of birth seem to vary.
between 1827/1828/1829 and 1831 as do places of birth the 1829 being Edinburgh and the other census Bannockburn Stirlingshire..have never been able to pin him down and have never found a birth for him, on his death cert it said his parents were Robert Stewart and Ann Denovan info given by son-in-law, so that could be wrong mores the pity.
Back to the drawing board
 :-[ patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 February 09 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Pat

I'm confused  :-[ Was this family headed by Robert Snr.., the iron founder/ blacksmith, the wrong family - i.e the wrong Robert Snr.? He obviously died after 1901 from the census entry we have in Kircardine Smithy (was this in 1908 from your previous posts?). This Robert looks to have been married to Jane Ferguson according to their children's births, which connects with your research.

...But, you also say that your Robert died in 1898 in previous posts?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 February 09 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the confusion Monica, following in a nutshell, this is my Stewart family.

Robert Stewart m Jane Ferguson 1853 Glasgow.
Children -

Jane Stewart c1854 m James McKay (my g/g/grandparents)
John c 1855 - I know nothing of him.
Robert c1858 we have him up to 1891.
Annie c1860 m John Glen (she and her children with the Stewarts on the 1891 census.
Maggie c1862 m John Connelly then King.
Isabella c1865 m John Balfour.
Janet Ann c1867 m Peter McGregor Stewart
Duncan c1870 at home in 1891 after that unkown.

Jane Ferguson died 1891 Kilmadock info Robert Stewart.
Robert Stewart died 1898 Kilmadock info Peter McGregor Stewart.

1891 census includes apart from Robert Stewart and Jane Ferguson, Annie Glen with her family, Jane McKay daughter of James and Jane McKay, and another g/daughter Jane Brownlie c1884 Kilmadock whom I have not been able to find either  ???
Have assumed they all came home as Jane Ferguson (mother) was either sick or dying.

As I said in previous posts about Robert Stewart, take your pick. as to date of birth or even place of birth..he will probably remain my brick wall.

See what you mean about snow - cousin Ian sent photo's this morning.  Now am off to the Dr's more tests and x-rays..god I hate getting old LOL..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 February 09 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat

Pity son John's birth from late 1855 was not registered until Jan 1856...thereby losing lots of info about about the parents  :-\ Not that it will probably help, but just in case, what occupation showed on Robert's father, Robert, on his 1898 DC?

Monica

Hope Doctor goes well Pat  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 February 09 04:01 GMT (UK) »
Had the x-rays, now have to wait for results next week..ho-hum.
Re Robert Stewarts death cert, he is listed as occupation labourer although 1891 census he is an ïron dresser",
age at death 68 which would make date of birth 1830, widower of Jean/Jane Ferguson, parents Robert Stewart (crofter) deceased and Ann Stewart nee Denovan deceased, informant Peter Stewart son-in-law, description of death about noon at Deanston Factory, Deanston, Kilmadock.
May have a fiddle around this afternoon and see if I can find anymore.
Hope you are tucked up and warm LOL.
Regards patvp

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat
I have tried to find maggie Stewart in a census by putting in her birthdate and place of birth as Thornhill but cant find her! Can you help point me in the right direction to find her eg in the 1871 census?
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 February 09 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello Patvp1.
Iam new to Rootschat and it was a friend who put me on to it
when she came across your query.
Margaret Stewart. married John Connelly then James King she then
married Alexander Brownlee .
But before she married she had a daughter Jean/Jeannie,(father unknown)
although on Jeannie's marriage certificate it has Alexander as reputed father as by then she had taken the name Brownlee.
Jeannie was my Grandmother she married my Grandfather Alexander Lauder in 1903.
I to have found it difficult to find traces of Maggie and John.
There were 2 Connelly families living in Sweety Lane (Graham street)
Doune ,and i am positive they were related in some way.
If i can be of any more help let me know.

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 February 09 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Monks09
I think I know you! Are you "Monkey"?
Still got a bike? ;-)
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 February 09 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monk and Hi Val..do we have a family connection here ??  ;D
Monk - if you have read the previous postings you would know by now that we are some sort of kin  ??? as my g/gran was Maggie Connelly's (and the other names) elder sister.
Looked for Jeannie/Jane Brownlie, have her with her grandparents Robert and Jane in 1891 and then with her aunt Janet Ann and Janets husbane Peter McGregor Stewart in 1901..and that of course is as far back as we can go..any information you have would be great.
From a very wet Queensland..all the best
Pat