Author Topic: Memrobelia of Peter and Marjory Ferrier(Bendochy)  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Memrobelia of Peter and Marjory Ferrier(Bendochy)
« on: Tuesday 03 February 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everybody,

I'am looking for any information regarding a ancestor of mine, Peter Ferrier B.1838 Blairgowrie D. 1906 Ruthven, Angus, also his wife Marjory Ferrier nee.Donaldson B.1848 Persie, near Blairgowrie. T D.1905 Ruthven, Angus. The couple married in 1874 in Persie and had 10 children (Peter, Duncan, Jane, Euphemia, William, John, Marjory, George (my great granfather), Stewart and Thomas, all born between 1874 and 1890). I now they lived in Alyth for a short while, but mainly lived in Bendochy, where Peter was a Farm Greive at a farm called Boglea.

I'am mainly looking for memrobelia of Peter and Marjory, such as photographs, dairies, letters, ect.

It would be great to hear back from you!

Thanks Darren

Offline blairmanta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Memrobelia of Peter and Marjory Ferrier(Bendochy)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 April 09 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren,
I am the granddaughter of Duncan Ferrier,your great granddad's brother.There are about ten of us in my generation and I have tabs on all of them.
My mother ,who was the last surviving member of her family in that generation  just died in November 2008 aged 101 and I have been trying to find as many photos as I can to pass copies around to all my cousins.
I wonder if you have had any better luck than I have in tracing the parentage of Peter.I came up against a blank wall there but had better luck with Marjory.
You probably know more than I do but you are welcome to any information I might have and to copies of any photos you are interested in.
Hope to hear from you.

Offline djow

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 May 11 02:45 BST (UK) »
My name is Dianna and my grandfather was John Alexander Ferrier Peter and Marjory's son.  He moved to Winnipeg sometime in the 1900s with at least one of his sisters Jane (aunty Jean).  He fought in WW1 for the Winnipeg Little Black Devils and after the war he met my grandmother Doris and they had a farm in Ochre River Manitoba.  At some point they pulled up stakes and moved to Vancouver with their two sons John and Frank.  Frank is my father and he had two daughters myself and my sister Darlene.  Unfortunately my Uncle John did not have any children.  I live in Vancouver with my two sons Andrew and Dylan and my sister has a son named Mykel.  My father Frank is 75 years old and is a very proud grandfather.

Offline blairmanta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 May 11 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren and Dianna,
My name is Margot and I'm the granddaughter of Duncan Cameron Ferrier.
I have traced Marjory's family ,on her mother's side ,back to the 18th century and I don't think there is any doubt.
She was the daughter of David Mackenzie Donaldson and Margaret Steel or Stiel.David's family seems to have lived in the area of Bridge of Cally between Blairgowrie and Glenshee.His parents were Alexander Donaldson and May Buttars/Butters/Butter,whose marriage is registered in Blairgowrie parish ,July 19,1818.
May's birth record of Dec.26 ,1795 gives her parents' names as James Buttars and Jannet Reid and place of birth as Wester Banchory,which is a farm near the River Isla between Coupar Angus and Meikleour.James and Jannet were married in Blairgowrie on Dec.3,1790 and Jannet is recorded as being from Bendochy parish.
I know the area very well as I was brought up in Blairgowrie.
Auntie Jean actually visited us some time around 1950 on her first ,and probably only ,visit to Scotland in 40 years.

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 August 12 13:53 BST (UK) »
My name is Dianna and my grandfather was John Alexander Ferrier Peter and Marjory's son.  He moved to Winnipeg sometime in the 1900s with at least one of his sisters Jane (aunty Jean).  He fought in WW1 for the Winnipeg Little Black Devils and after the war he met my grandmother Doris and they had a farm in Ochre River Manitoba.  At some point they pulled up stakes and moved to Vancouver with their two sons John and Frank.  Frank is my father and he had two daughters myself and my sister Darlene.  Unfortunately my Uncle John did not have any children.  I live in Vancouver with my two sons Andrew and Dylan and my sister has a son named Mykel.  My father Frank is 75 years old and is a very proud grandfather.

Offline Darren1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 August 12 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianna, I'am the great grandson of George Brodie Ferrier, and his son(my grandfather) was also named John Alexander Ferrier. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions to fill in some gaps?
1. When and where were John and Dorris married?
2. What was Dorris' full name(including maiden surname)
3. When and where was Dorris born?
4. What is John(junior) and Frank's full names, dates and places of birth?
5. Date and place of death of John(junior)?
6. Frank's wifes name, date and place of birth?
7. Yourself and Darlene's full names, date and places of Birth?
8. Yourself and Darlene's husbands names, dates and places of birth?
9. Mykel, Andrew and Dylan's full names, dates and places of birth?
10. Frank and John(junior) occupations?
11. were there any other childer of John and Dorris?
12. was aunty Jean married, if so what was his name?
13.When and Where did Jean die?
14. When and where did Marjory, Stewart and Thomas die?
15. Were they married, if so there spouces names and names of children if any?
I know this seems alot of questions, would be interesting to know. If you require any information about my branch of the family then please don't hestitate to ask.
Kind Regards
Darren Ferrier

Offline andypage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 December 15 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dianna, I'm researching my family tree in Scotland. it would appear that Peter and Marjory Ferrier were my great great grandparents. I don't think that you will be aware of the following but I've recently come across evidence that John Alexander Ferrier is my great grandfather. It would appear that he was the father of my grandfather John Ferrier (McKenzie) born 1907 illegitimately. My grandfather died in 1999. I know that this may come as a shock but I'd be happy to share any information. Andy Page.