Author Topic: Lynaugh  (Read 17006 times)

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lynaugh
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 February 09 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, as I am not quite sure of his year of birth I am not going to pay to look at the transcripts yet. I did pay 5 euros for a marriage and it proved to be the wrong one so I am a bit sceptical. Anyway there is talk of a possible visit to Dublin this year so I will hang on a bit. My other grandfather came from Lambeg and apparently his records should stilll be at the church so we may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline KatyL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 September 09 02:44 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am also looking for Patrick Lynaugh and Ann Elizabeth Harmston.
Not having much luck with this either and have looked on the irish family history foundation aswell, no exact matches and only one bryan linaugh who died in Mayo in 1877 - it could match but it is quite a long way out!

Do you have any photos of the descendants of Patrick?   I have none.

Cheers

Katy

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 09 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Noseyoap,
I may be in the National Library in the next few days and will try and look up those Athboy baptism records for you .... if they are decipherable.

Regards
Meath999

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 September 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hello  Meath999 that would be great if you would look at these records for me maybe we could find something about him
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 September 09 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hello KatyL
We are decendants of John Thomas Lynaugh who are you descended from? I am having no luck at finding either Patrick or Anne Elizabeth - she is supposed to have been born in Scotland!!! nearly as bad as Ireland. We have a bit of information about her, we have some photos of John Thomas Lynaugh.
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline KatyL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 04 September 09 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat

Yes I think we have crossed paths before on ancestry then.  I am descended from Henry James Lynaugh (he is my great grandfather).
There is a family story that Patrick was a headteacher in Ireland, which seems odd because he appears to be illiterate - unless he only wrote in Irish?
I'm having trouble with Ann E but she keeps changing from using Ann or Elizabeth.  There is a record of an Ann E in the workhouse in Lincoln but it's impossible to tell if this is her.

Are you going to upload your photos onto ancestry?  I have a real curiosity to see what they all looked like.

Cheers

Katy

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 04 September 09 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Katy
Yes Henry was the brother of John Thomas who is my husbands grandfather. I have a few certificates & photos which I will sort out, we are away for a few days so I will get back to you when we are home.
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 07 September 09 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,

Sorry to report I only had time to have a brief look at microfilm P4173 and P4185 in the national Library.
My initial feeling is that the quality of both are very patchy. Many pages are v hard to decipher , the writing is often very faint or difficult to read . I am out of the country for 3 weeks, and will be able to have a better look when I get back.

However can I ask you in the mean time ,what is your source for your starting point " born in Kells , Co Meath around 1840" . How definite is the location? the date? There are other parishes bordering Kells, indeed there are other Kells in Ireland?  The reason for the question is that I have ideas for a different or complementary approach .  As the 1911 census is now available ( Sept 2009) for searching at the Irish National Archives website, and Lynaugh/Lynagh is not that common a name, a search on Lynagh families in Ireland in 1911 might point to what other parishes might be checked. A quick look showed that one census form at least although indexed as "Lynagh" was actually signed by the household head as "Lynaugh".

Cheers From Kevin ( meath999)

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 21:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you meath999 for looking. He is listed on 1871 & 1911 census as being born in Kells, County Meath, he appears in Silk Willoughby in Lincolnshire on the 1871 and married there in 1877. His marriage certificate was listed as Lanaugh with  his father listed as Bryan Lanaugh (deceased). This is all the information I have on him.
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton