Author Topic: Lynaugh  (Read 17008 times)

Offline micksw20

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lynaugh
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 11:38 BST (UK) »
Realise this is an old post and I'm new to this....but also believe that Henry James Lynaugh is my great grandfather.  I'm still in the very early stages of searching....and I guess the first step is to see if you are still reading this thread!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 11:52 BST (UK) »
Katy has not been online since 2009 but Pat (noseyoap) was online very recently - so hopefully will see your post and respond soon.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hello micksw20  Henry James Lynaugh was the brother of my husbands grandfather, unfortunately I haven't been able to go much further back as I have been unable to find either Patrick or Ann Elizabeth any further back. Henry had a son called Cyril are you related to him and do you live in Lincolnshire
Pat
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline micksw20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Shane and Pat....thanks for the prompt replies.
I've gone no further back but believe that Henry James (b 11th June but not sure of year!) had seven children....Cyril was the third child.  His fourth child, Harold, was my grandfather so Cyril would have been my great-uncle.  I've a name for his wife and there may have been a connection with Wragby but that's all my mother could recall.
I'm no longer Lincolnshire-based but my parents still live in Scunthorpe.
I'm also trying to work out the thread....are Patrick Lynaugh and Ann Elizabeth Harmston Henry James' parents?
I'm about to invest in a subscription to one of the search websites and will be happy to share results (although I doubt I'll find anything on this branch of the tree as you've obviously tried hard already!!).  Would you have any recommendations?
Mick

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Mick
Patrick &  Ann Elizabeth were the parents of Henry James Lynaugh & our grandfather John Thomas. I haven't gone into the family of Henry  I seem to have come to a halt with the family all I really know is that they lived in a village called Silk Willoughby in the south of Lincolnshire. I will pm you
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 20:41 BST (UK) »
New members of Rootschat require 3 posts to have full access to the PM system - so micksw20 will need one more

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline micksw20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 04 August 11 08:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks again.....I have John Thomas on my list as Henry James' brother.....along with five other siblings.  It's looking very complicated as my grandfather's wife didn't appear to even have a birth certificate!

Offline Katylyn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 27 June 16 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Henry James is my great grandfather I know quite a lot about him from stories.  Have you found anything else?