Author Topic: HUGHES/TINGLE/MEIGH/WILLIAMS - HANLEY, STAFFS  (Read 1625 times)

Offline JacquiY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HUGHES/TINGLE/MEIGH/WILLIAMS - HANLEY, STAFFS
« on: Saturday 12 February 05 17:54 GMT (UK) »
I’m currently tracing my family tree and I am looking for anyone who may be able to help me in my research.  It would be great to find relatives – however distant!

My G.Grandparents (Francis HUGHES/Rosina Maud TINGLE), were originally from Hanley, Staffs and moved to Tyneside around 1917.  They went on to have 7 children (William, Francis, Harold, Elsie, Lily, Edith and my Grandmother, Annie).  They were married in 1907 at Stoke-upon-Trent Register Office and addresses I have for them are 55 Broom St, 25 High St, 20 Union St and 9 Swan Passage all in Hanley, Staffs.

Francis' parents were John HUGHES and Lavinia MEIGH and he had 8 siblings – (Annie/Walter/Harold/Lewis/ William/Elizabeth/Frederick and Lillian).  I believe that Lewis and Lillian also relocated to Tyneside – Frederick was possibly in the Army stationed in India.   Other information I have is that John & Lavinia were married at St Peters Church, Stoke-upon-Trent and they lived in High Street, Hanley.

Rosina Maud’s parents were William TINGLE and Rosina WILLIAMS and she had 3 siblings -  (William, Louisa and Eliza).  Louisa was possibly married to William Hawley and I think they emigrated to Australia.  Other information I have is that in the 1881 census William was living at 27 Great York Street, Stoke-upon Trent and Rosina was living at 5 Gran Bdgs W Rd, Burslem, Stafford with her grandparents – I believe her parents died when she was young.

I can go slightly further back than this but the information I have is sketchy!    I would love to hear from anyone who recognises any of these names.
WHELAN - DUBLIN
COWLEY - DUBLIN
O'DEA - TIPPERARY?
FLYNN - TIPPERARY?
HUGHES - STAFFORDSHIRE
TINGLE - STAFFORDSHIRE
MEIGH - STAFFORDSHIRE
WILLIAMS - STAFFORDSHIRE/GLOUCESTER
GREAVES - LEICESTERSHIRE

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HUGHES/TINGLE/MEIGH/WILLIAMS - HANLEY, STAFFS
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 05 15:53 BST (UK) »

Offline slewi4

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 April 06 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqui,
There was a William HAWLEY of Australia who served in WW1 whose next of kin was his wife Louisa. They were living in NSW so you are in luck as their records are available online.
William's service record can be found at www.naa.gov.au, (choose record search, then search as a guest).
The NSW bmds are at www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm
happy hunting
Sandra
England: Brown Kingscliffe NTH, Ellis Balsall WAR, Lewis Hereford HEF, Oliver Morpeth NBL, Wall Coventry/Balsall WAR, Watkins Eardisley/Clifford HEF
Ireland: Culhane Limerick; Doolan Clare
Wales: Lewis BRE/DEN, Jones Eglwysbach DEN

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 April 06 17:44 BST (UK) »
no message

alf

Offline Mincle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hello
My grandfather was Walter, Frank's brother. I remember my mother recalling visits from her Geordie cousins.

I live in Stoke.

Regards
Clare