Author Topic: Michigan Passenger List Lookup.  (Read 12704 times)

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Passenger List Lookup.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 February 09 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Erato,

I think I know which tree you are referring to. I sent details to a desendent of the Lowery family in Texas, must be five years ago or more. She was a teacher who was involved with helping her students trace their Family Tree`s.
A friend came up with her Webb site and grave me the email address. After contacting her on a couple of occasion`s she sent me the picture of Emily Lowery. But I never heared from her again. I did try several times to make contact.

Then someone on Genes Reunited UK who was in contact with me about the Lowery Family in Middlesbrough received information from Ancestry and contacted me. All the details were the things I had sent to Texas , but with a few mistakes. I had told this woman that I had found no trace of William G H Wright after 1918. This person seemed to have got a few things wrong. The person who contacted me was tracing the Lowery tree in Middlesbrough, Yorkshire.
I did email this person in Texas but I had no reply and no return of my email which leads me to beleive that it was received.
I might be wrong but I feel certain it is this same person. But she did say that she knew nothing about Mary Elizabeth Lowery/Wright/Robinson and she also had Mary`s Mothers name wrong. A lot of the dates are wrong and do not match the dates in England.

Thanks once again. Aand E

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 February 09 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Karen,

I have the date for Albert`s  marriage to Colton. He is connected to the person in Texas.
I had not got Florence or any information about the death of Benjamin or Elizabeth Lowery. I would be very pleased for you to send them to me.
Thank you. AandE.

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 February 09 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Did William have a civilian occupation in England?  I've been trying to spot him in the US but the name is so common and the fact that he sometimes lied about his age makes it worse.  Any ideas on why he was so intent on getting to Buffalo?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Erato,

No I have no idea about why he wanted to get to Buffalo.
I had no details of him after the 1901 census until his war records. Then his marriage to Ruth Tysoe and the Bigamist marriage to Annie, May Price in 1918. Then sent to prison 1918. Nothing after this. No trace. Also no trace of his Step father and Mother after their marriage in May 1901.

William`s War record led me to believe he was in Toronto at some time before the War. I then found his Grandparents had also gone to Toronto ? sometime after 1901.

So all that you have found is wonderful. It makes him come alive for me.  :)I have traced my Father`s Family Tree back to 1100 as they stayed in the same area. But my Mother was a mystery. As I have said she died without ever knowing her birth name.

In my hunt for William I have tracked down relatives of his first wife. They knew nothing and the other lead was by way of the Lowery line [his Mother`s]. But no luck there.

I have had so much from you all on Rootschat and I am very, very grateful.

AandE.
Ps. I have only found one Lillian [Lily] Lowery and she died soon after birth.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Found Benjamin and Elizabeth with 2 children on the 1911, was hoping William would be with them, but he's not

http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=50814

Benjamin lists his year of immigration as 1910

Karen

Just realised David & Emily Edgar are in the same household  ::)
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, KarenM,

How great are you. So the Laurie/Lowery went to Canada in 1910. What a great find. Am I correct in that Florence is down as an Actress? I wonder what kind!!! Very hard to make out some of the words. I would love to read what all the legal stuff is at the top of the page and the meaning.

As William has been found wondering around at border points he must have arrived around the same time.

I can hadley believe the information I am receiving.

I did post a bit of a item about your Father`s name. But I don`t know if it was posted. So here goes again. Gandley is a well known name around Co, Mayo. There was a great Fiddle Player and there is a wall plaque in his name on a Wall near Arlow Abby ?spelling near Toorrean, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo, Ireland. The name Ganley/Gandley are connected . Wonderful spot.
Just a little information.

AandE.

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Erato,

Regards occupation for William. On his War records he is down as a Miner. On the first marriage certificate he is down as a Private in Army on his [Bigamist ] second marriage certificate he is down as a clark.

Aand E.

Offline A and E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 14 February 09 15:15 GMT (UK) »

Can anyone tell me the meaning of having four posts on the site before being able to use PM. Does it mean four differant subject posting`s or just four postings on the same inqulry.

Sorry for being so dumb. I will put it down to age!

Thanks,
AandE

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 14 February 09 20:43 GMT (UK) »

Can anyone tell me the meaning of having four posts on the site before being able to use PM. Does it mean four differant subject posting`s or just four postings on the same inqulry.

Sorry for being so dumb. I will put it down to age!

Thanks,
AandE

It means total posts made on the message board. As I type this you have 12 posts so you can use the PM system. The profile along the left-hand side of a person's posts indicates how many posts they have.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz