Author Topic: McGregors MaryLeBone, Middlesex  (Read 1049 times)

Offline grianaig

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McGregors MaryLeBone, Middlesex
« on: Monday 09 February 09 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any descendants of a Duncan McGregor who moved to this area from Paisley Scotland, in or around the early 1830's.
Married Elizabeth A Biggs, no known date or if they married in Scotland or England.
I am sorry but my email is not working at the moment.

Offline vdw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McGregors MaryLeBone, Middlesex
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've found an older alienfile in Antwerp from one Jeanne Gregor (Mac/McGregor): Jeanne=French for Joanne or Jane (she was called Jeanne 'May') °b.  April 10, 1858 (St.Clement) London, she was a dancer in the Royal theater of Antwerp.

She married Samuel DUTTON °Jan. 10, 1856 Burntisland, a trader.
his parents: Samuel °Harrich, living in Ipswich, age 72 in 1881 and Annie Storey or Horey? °b. Rothburg, also living in Ipswich, age 67 in 1881.
Legal address abroad from Samuel °1856: Ipswich, Norwich Road 125. He arrived Jan.3 1881 in Antwerp,Belgium.

Parents from Jeanne (May) Mc/Mac Gregor: Duncan McGregor °b.Glasgow, died before filedate and Elizabeth Biegs (Biggs) °b. London, age 66 in 1887& 64 in 1885.
Legal address abroad from Jeanne: London Fanbourg de Dorsetroad, Clapham, Corbittstreet N°2.
She arrived in May 1884 in Brussels,Belgium (address there: Bruxelles, Rue du pont neuf N°23), and in Antwerp one time on Sept.5 in 1884, 2nd time Sept. 19 1887 and 3rd time Nov. 15 1888.

The first 2times she had no papers with her, but on the last document (in 1888) she had her birth record delivered in London Aug. 20 1888, birthdate: April 10 1858  St.Clement, London (instead of '56 on the first 2docs). On this document her father was born in London, her mother correctly 'Biggs' age 72.

No more info than this.

Source file - source 1: cityarchive of Antwerp.

(look at the long blue bar)
1st select in the first column: 'FAMILIENAAM' (Surname)
2nd 'BEVAT' (contains) and
3rd type a piece of a surname + Enter
*Example 'HLIN' instead of McLaughlin so you get variants.

**If a file is Not public via the above link, it's an option to try out familysearch, it is possible the file is publicly published there. (files up to number nr. 214920-214980, 1925-1930 are published on Familysearch)

📌📌📌 Source 2 via familysearch:
(look at the filenumbers frist, some are the same as on Felixarchive(!))

📌 Step 1 INDEX;
www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1477769?collectionNameFilter=false (only remember the filenumber)

📌 Step 2 FILENUMBERS;
look for the link where your needed filenumber in fits and browse through the microfilm *notice that filenumbers are written in the top-left-corner so you can follow where you are on the microfilm between files. www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https://familysearch.org/recapi/sord/collection/2023926/waypoints

-----

Guide and more info about the archive in Antwerp, look at the geni project (in Dutch and English - select language button below the title/ left from the project photo)
www.geni.com/projects/Belgium-Antwerp-Police-Immigration-files/43538

I advise to try out other familynames in the database, who knows...

Good luck
🍀
With kind regards,
Veronique

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 April 18 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Veronique

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately grianaig hasn't been online here since 2011 and their profile has been updated to show their email address no longer works.

So, sadly, there is no way of getting in contact.

You could hope that one day, they become curious again and return to us.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline vdw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 18 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn, thank you for your reply.

I saw that, but i still thought to post this info here public, just in case others are researching this family too.  :)

I researched 'grianaig' via his other posts, and looked for his needed persons via Google. I think i found him on Geni and Wikitree (last active in 2015), so i've send him the same message there too. Hopefully he will read this somewhere.  ;D

Regards,
Veronique

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 April 18 07:51 BST (UK) »
It's not impossible for others to find this topic in the future, search engines pick up and index posts here really quickly.

That's one of the reasons, posts aren't deleted.

Fingers crossed someone makes contact.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea