Author Topic: Help please! Town or parish?  (Read 1976 times)

Offline dounde

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help please! Town or parish?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 February 09 23:03 GMT (UK) »
hi gadget  i have found one of my relatives in stourbridge born and the rest in pontsbury shropshire. the family travelled alot. i would check bothchurchs out
       karen
Armstrong, shropshire ,dudley Carter,coseley, tipton sedgley Reynolds,shropshire, coseley. Clayton,shropshire,dudley. Cook, tipton. Waite,wiltshire,sedgley. norton canes

Offline anubis145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 February 09 09:43 GMT (UK) »
My thanks to everyone who replied to my query. I was really trying to work out the likely place of birth for Samuel Williams conscience of the fact that I would never know for sure. The different places of birth noted in the census returns was confusing me. If I was born in Kensington I suppose I could say that I was born in London, Kensington or whatever parish Kensington falls into and they would all be correct but Kensington would be the most accurate. If Samuel had actually been born in the town of Longdon-upon- Tern I wonder why there would be later references to Withington and Wellington. I might just settle for the parish of Longdon-upon-Tern and be done with it.

Thank you all once again for your help. I had looked at Genuki Gadget but will go back with the leads you provided and do a bit more investigation.

Cheers
Ross

Offline anubis145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 February 09 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Sorry! I meant "conscious".

Offline dlongmore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 02:31 GMT (UK) »
The site "A Vision of Britain Through Time" is one you will be interested in.  For instance here is a link to Rodington

http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/place_page.jsp?p_id=10464&st=Rodington

I did a search on Longdon and return many choice. I will let you search it out and see what you think.

Longmore - Bridgnorth, Shropshire