Author Topic: Need help finding the parents of Sarah Strothard 1825-1907  (Read 1673 times)

Offline 2ron2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need help finding the parents of Sarah Strothard 1825-1907
« on: Tuesday 10 February 09 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello again from Canada. I had so much success with another part of my line from this region that I'm going to try again.

I need some help determining the parents of Sarah Strothard who was born circa 1825 and married John Darbyshire, 6 Sep 1847 in Knaresborough. I have a copy of the marriage certificate and her father is listed as a John Strothard, labourer. I can track her as Sarah Darbyshire on the census records from 1851 but have no idea of her family live before marriage. I did find a John Strothard on the 1841 census age 20 and wife Elizabeth age 20 which appear to be too young as Sarah's parents, suspect it may be her brother..

I also found a John Strothard on the LDS site marrying a Ann Milns 21 Jul 1798 in Pontefract who may be related. but again they seem to be older as Sarah would have been born about 26 years after their marriage. I suspect there is a son John of this pairing born c1800 that would fit in as Sarah's father, but cannot find anything that proves it.

I did locate a John Strothard dying in Tadcaster in 1847 which could be the right man, but have nothing on his wife or Sarah's siblings (if any).

Hoping someone can shed some light of the Strothard family.