Author Topic: Pensions granted to Fishmongers tenants  (Read 6546 times)

Offline WM1909

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pensions granted to Fishmongers tenants
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 July 17 08:08 BST (UK) »
Peter,

Thanks for all of your extractions from the Fishmongers' Company records. Given the pending end of the LDS church microfilm lending program in August 2017, I have been considering ordering a few reels of the Fishmongers' records, but wouldn't know where to start among the 77(!) reels.

To your knowledge, are there any records from the 1600s with regard to the planter families that were brought into the Plantation of Ulster? In particular, I am interested in tracing the McCunn/McConn family back to Scotland, and have hit a dead end in County Londonderry in 1662.

Any recommendations on which Fishmongers reels to target (or avoid) for original leases from the 17th or 18th centuries would be appreciated. Thanks!
McCunn / McConn / Mayer / Maier / Supon / Suppan / Mako / Humes / Sparling / Hamma / Pfeifle / Amann / McBride / Drane

Offline pkincaid

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 July 17 18:54 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately it has been 8 years since I went through some of the films so my familiarity of them is gone; that is outside of my notes.  The only thing I can say is one has to trust the film descriptions given at https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/754514?availability=Family%20History%20Library.  They generally deal with the period the description gives.

Best wishes!
Kincaids (Kincade, Kinkaid, Kinkead, etc.) of Counties Londonderry and Tyrone.

Gardiners of Ramelton, County Donegal.

Offline WM1909

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 July 17 21:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks! Will let you know if I have any luck and post results accordingly.
McCunn / McConn / Mayer / Maier / Supon / Suppan / Mako / Humes / Sparling / Hamma / Pfeifle / Amann / McBride / Drane

Offline Pjmullan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Just read your post on pensions that has given me another area to search thanks PJ