Author Topic: 8 Mount Pleasant Garston Liverpool  (Read 6962 times)

Offline COMEONFRANK

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Mount Pleasant Garston Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 February 09 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everybody for your help , does anyone know roughly what decade the street was demolished?
Cheers Comeonfrank

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 February 09 05:20 GMT (UK) »
1970/71 Frank I think....if you google   garston church of england primary school   you may find the exact date that the WHOLE school of children walked from the old school to the new one....this will give you the rough date all that area started to be  demolished...and as fate would have it they are boarding up all the "new" houses to be demolished again......allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline COMEONFRANK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 February 09 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Allan , I cant find a official website for the school but I will keep looking .
Thanks Paul

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 February 09 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Frank....try
www.garston-woodcutters.co.uk   this is a very popular site for garston locals and ex garstonians......any info you want I`m sure you will get ...a lot of friendly helpful people on this site...good luck....allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Joamme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 May 10 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi  There was a place in Garston called Mount Pleasant. If my memory serves me correct. At the bottom of Garston Village is Kettle Nook which leads to Garston Hospital. In between the houses in Kettle Nook and the hospital the was an small embankment which had some houses on it. My father was born there.The embankment is still there but not the houses. I think there is now some sort of club on the site

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
In the index to a road atlas of the 1930s, Mount Pleasant is shown as 'off Church Road, Garston', but is not shown on the map -probably too small.
A

Offline Ringoroses

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 09:52 BST (UK) »
Yep, there was a mount Pleasant in Garston. In my trusty old Garston book there's a photo of Kettle nook. It says:

"(Kettle Nook) was an area where the hospital gates now stand, It consisted of three blocks of houses: Rose Mount, Mount Pleasant and Rimmer's Terrace."

It gives the old tennants of Mount Pleasant in the 1930s as the Davies, Jones and Davies families.

If you pm me your email address, I'll send you the image. Regards, Ann

Offline Joamme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 12:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks my e-mail address is  Ever since I can remember Garston Hospital has been there. Kettle Nook as I knew it  began at the end of St Mary's road then came Mount Pleasent and then Garston Hospital. By the 1930's my father had been long gone from Mount Pleasant.

Offline Ringoroses

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 14:29 BST (UK) »
Oh Joamme, you probably shouldn't put your full email on here, you'll be inundated with spam. I've got it now, so take it off and I'll email you the photo later. (Have scanner 'issues' at the moment! Hubby will sort them when he comes in)

Regards
Ann