Author Topic: Belfast records Look up?  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Belfast records Look up?
« on: Sunday 13 February 05 17:27 GMT (UK) »
It is thought that my husband's grandparents died in Belfast during WW2. Their address was 8 Orient Gardens.  Names Robert and Frances McConnell.  Her maiden name was Brooks. 

I know that my father in law was born in Dublin in 1896 - he had two brothers one older, Samuel Britton McC, and one younger, James Kerr McC.  The family came from Muff in  Co Donegal but ended up in Belfast.

I have no idea of their birth or marriage dates or places.  A death date would be very helpful.

Can anyone help look up things locally please? - I would be most grateful. Thanks

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Belfast records Look up?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 05 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Ellen

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 05 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

YOu can look for their birth records yourself in the indexes at your local family history centre.

regards

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 September 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your help.

I have, in the last  couple of weeks, been able to find out a little (marriage date of grandparents) from some info my mother in law sent to me.  I don't think she knew what was in the boxes she sent!  They were married in Muff and my husband has spoken to the rector there who has confirmed the entry in the marriage register so we have sent for the certificate. 

We are still unsure where my f-i-law's brothers were born, but probably in what is now the Republic (he was born in Dublin). We still think that  his mother died in Belfast.  We think his father died in Londonderry.  Like a good many other families it's something of a detective story and one answer prompts a different question.

Thanks again

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex