Author Topic: John Butler McCabe b. 1848  (Read 11012 times)

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Butler McCabe b. 1848
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 03:40 GMT (UK) »

Hello Jeff,
I agree it is rather personal.Better to PM I agree I have a bit of info about Ireland may help but not a great

amount you may have more than me . I know a bit about family in Australia.

Chinka

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 12 03:48 GMT (UK) »

hi
I am a McCabe living on Nth Coast of NSW.John McCabes brother was my grt grandfather Thomas.Are you part of this family and /or do you have any relavent info on family.Cant find much on Ireland I have
a bit on family in Australia & descendents I am willing to share.

Chinka

Offline Keyvarbs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 04:11 BST (UK) »
My name is Bruce K. living at Castle Hill in Sydney NSW and related to the above McCabe Families of Kilkenny and Cavan, Ireland. In particular to Patrick McCabe who arrived with family in Sydney on board "Earl of Elgin" on 26 July 1853 and John McCabe who arrived in Sydney with some children on board "Tudor" on 9.5.1860. I have 20+ pages of information on the McCabe Family(s) above, which can be emailed in need.

Other surnames include:- McGuigan, Bennett/Brown, Riedy, Clatworthy, Conlon, Jarrett, Ellis, Lyons, Hitchins, Attwood, Pryor, Schmitzer, Redding and Kelly.

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 07:02 BST (UK) »

Hi Bruce I am a direct descendant of John McCabe & Ellen nee Butler.My great grandfather was Thomas Charles McCabe their youngest son.Thomas & Harriet nee Jarrett his wife settled in this area & there are a lot of their descendants still living locally. Would love to hear from you, if you post 3 times I can send a pm with my email details .Thanks Chinka

Offline Keyvarbs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 22 October 15 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your response. Whilst I started my research in 1980 I had slowed down after my wife died in 1998. My grandmother Jane McCabe (b 1887 d 1969) was the daughter of John McCabe & Jane McCabe (nee McGuigan) from a dairy farm at Long Reach, Macleay River near Kempsey. This John McCabe was the son of John McCabe (widower of Ellen Butler) who had arrived on the "Tudor" in 1860.

Regards
Bruce

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 October 15 10:12 BST (UK) »

Hi Bruce,
     Your grandmother & my grandfather were cousins.I have done a little research on your family.I felt I had a little in common with Jane with both of us having so many brothers. I do have some info I can share with you.Look forward to hearing from you.
                                                                                        Chinka

Offline Keyvarbs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Chinka,

Sorry for the delay as I have had trouble finding my way around this site. I would be pleased to share information on all the McCabe Family Tree relations. Fortunately I have the Birth, Death and Marriage indexes on microfiche which were purchased in 1988 and the internet site for Births is catching up to 1918 on the microfiche. Was also pleased to hear that many descendants are still on the NSW north coast.

Regards
Bruce K.

Offline gcain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 11 April 19 13:03 BST (UK) »
I'm currently documenting this family for a Pioneer Register of the Macleay Valley.

I would welcome any assistance in collating data.

Regards

Bruce Cain
Kempsey Family Family History Group