Poll

Do you think RootsChat will be of some help to you?

Yes
1453 (90.7%)
No
13 (0.8%)
Don't know
136 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1579

Author Topic: Will RootsChat be of help to you?  (Read 223248 times)

Offline jk22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hello. Am willing to share tree where appropriate!
    • View Profile
Re: Will RootsChat be of help to you?
« Reply #549 on: Sunday 08 June 14 23:46 BST (UK) »
Most Definitely! ;)
BOYD: Scotland
FERGUSON: Scotland
KEMP:  Wiltshire, Berkshire, Middlesex, Essex, England
GREEN & DEEVES:  Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, England
MCPHERSON:  Sutherland-Highlands, Edinburgh, Scotland
MILES & MOWAT:  England, South Africa; Australia
GREATREX: England; South Australia
PERKINS:  Cornwall; South Australia
WATKINS: Wales

Offline mr newzealand

• Banned Member
  • -
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 02:51 BST (UK) »
for me it hasn't help my lukeis line become better understood, also few people here i have met have lukeis in their trees which was a shock, if more detailed info on my lukeis ancestor's orgins came about then it would most certainly have helped me alot more

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Mr Newzealand,

I was only able to find one posting on RootsChat looking for help with the lukeis family. The post was asking if anyone knows a lukeis clan from Cornwall.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=609890.msg4592126#msg4592126

Perhaps if you add some names and dates and add what you know about the family we maybe able to find some more information for you. Don't forget to tell us what you would like to try and find out ;)

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mr newzealand

• Banned Member
  • -
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi sarah steve g also has them , i can't give dates due to the untrustworthy info on ancestry, what i know about the family varies greatly as detail is hard to trust, so far i've had no major luck with them

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Mr Newzealand

I've just done a search on another site  for baptisms, marriages and burials,  and find there are 61 records for Lukeis in Cornwall, from 1589 to 1872. These records would all be pretty reliable.

As Sarah has said, if you start a new thread with what you know - first names, approx dates and parishes etc. -  I'm sure we could help you.

Gadget

PS -93 in England - earliest 1602 in Wiltshire
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline mr newzealand

• Banned Member
  • -
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 08:05 BST (UK) »
hi thanks gadget its not only just that but i have found them in wiltshire in the early 1600's somerset , devonshire in the late 1200's its just there isnt any consist area they stick to they are like a fire they pop up everywehere making a search all the harder to conduct,many here on the site have never heard of lukeis which is interesting as at one point in the uk's history it was a common cornish surname, i have found only 12 people to date in australia with the name lukeis which may be related to me in some way, i cannot also find a country they started in , i think they must be eastern european jews as they show up in many of europe's eastern nations

Offline crowsfeet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 09:07 BST (UK) »
RC has been ultra helpful & helped me crack some quite hard problems.

Thanx to all concerned with my queries

Regards Crowsfeet
cole, crow, taylor, ricketts, trustrum, pigott, kaye, bedford, blackwell, hill, archer, harris, williscroft, sanders, baggot, bayliss, isles, eaton, tooth, day, english, cherry, bashford, hubbard, leslie, cameron, whiteford keough, galvin, gray, gilchrist, davidson, currie, english, shuker, morgan, buchanan, parker, beard, pratt, orme, aylett, lawrence, penberthy, martin, bryant, nicholls.

Offline Gmar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 11:58 BST (UK) »
You-all those people who come out - and help It is you who I am grateful to.Each person has their own way of helping and I am so glad. It is not nice being surrounded by brick walls, and very big thank you to Rootschat.com. for giving us the opportunity to interact. You are like pieces of a jig saw puzzle every little bit helps.For newbies it is a bit daunting as I remember getting asked all these questions.But one gets a bit excited about perhaps somebody will help me and then the magical pieces fit together. Bravo rootschat better than sliced bread. gmar
Burt Hannon Droney Smith Collis Berry

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 18:14 BST (UK) »
You-all those people who come out - and help It is you who I am grateful to.Each person has their own way of helping and I am so glad. It is not nice being surrounded by brick walls, and very big thank you to Rootschat.com. for giving us the opportunity to interact. You are like pieces of a jig saw puzzle every little bit helps.For newbies it is a bit daunting as I remember getting asked all these questions.But one gets a bit excited about perhaps somebody will help me and then the magical pieces fit together. Bravo rootschat better than sliced bread. gmar

Very nicely put Gmar.

Frank. :)
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands