Author Topic: Robert Riddell  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Riddell
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Just a little addition to this posting and then I am going to close this thread, as I feel I have to many on the go,Robert Riddle/Riddell was the son of Mary Potts and Thomas Riddle ,baptised Tynemouth 1800,so thankyou to everyone who have helped me here,Regards Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 21:56 BST (UK) »
Good evening everyone,I know I was going to close this posting,but today I recieved an email from my cousin,she has found that Thomas Riddle and Mary Potts had twins in 1800 William Potts Riddle and ROBERT,older brother Thomas and younger sister Ann,all born Northumberland,I am not sure exactly where so if anyone has Riddle twins in their family tree please get in touch,Regards Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Lady Heather

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 April 17 06:16 BST (UK) »
Robert Riddell is my 4th great grandfather.  ;D

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 April 17 08:59 BST (UK) »
Well that is great news Lady Heather

can you tell me who he married as my John was brought up by his Aunt in Shields before moving away briefly to Yorkshire,married then came back to North Shields
I have never been able to verify Robert was actually his father
other than he states he is on his marriage certificate

Offline Lady Heather

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 01 April 17 14:11 BST (UK) »
Robert married a Jane Ord b. 1808, d.1881.

Does that help? :)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 02 April 17 13:00 BST (UK) »
I have looked at that but my John was brought up by Roberts sister in Shields ,take a
look at the 1841 census John Reddle I have his Aunts second marriage certificate and this confirms her fathers name,she has a daughter born out of  wedlock,baptised later in South Shields,and John on his marriage states his father is Robert a pipemaker, John himself does not get baptised until he is an adult at St Peters in North Shields,and again gives his father as Robert but no mothers name is recorded so you can see where the confusion comes from,Robert dies in the workhouse as does his brother John no dates of the top of my head
John and his Aunt move to North Allerton after her marriage returning to Shields after her husband died she is recorded living in the same St as John and his wife Eliza

Offline Lady Heather

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 02 April 17 14:04 BST (UK) »
I've looked at the written records of that 1841 survey. Handwriting is shocking. Hard to make out what is what there.