Author Topic: Darby of Halesowen Worcestershire/Shropshire  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Darby of Halesowen Worcestershire/Shropshire
« on: Saturday 21 February 09 22:35 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for Mary Ann Darby born c1810 in Shropshire (?) She only appears in the 1841 census for Halesowen which is in Shropshire at that time. I have found her husband William Payne was visiting his brother-in-law William Darby in Birmingham in the 1851 census so I know that her brother was born in Halesowen c1801.

I am having difficulty finding common parents for William Darby and Mary Ann Darby. There is one possibility in a family whose children were baptised in St. Thomas Dudley, parents John and Mary, but this doesn't seem very conclusive. William Darby had a son William born in 1837 in Birmingham.

Does anyone have any information about Darby's in these areas?

Kelly  :)
Baylis MDX & WOR; Bartlett SOM; Bowyer CHS/STS; Brant WAR; Bull STS & DBY; Carrick NI; Childs DOR; Diamond KEN; Dowling IR; Driver SSX; Elford DOR; Elliott BKM; Farmer STS; Gibbons KEN; Ginger BKM; Gregory DBY; Hennessey IR; Kirtland OXF/MDX; Lakin WAR; Langley BRK; MacCarthy IR; Manwaring KEN; Miller SFK; Morgan MDX; Payne SAus/TAS/WAR; Reardon IR; Robinson NI; Rose SRY; Smith ESX; Sullivan SAus/TAS; Stevens SRY; Todd NI; Trend DEV; Webber BRK; Wetton DBY; Wood SSX; Woodings DBY; Wrathall YKS.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Darby of Halesowen Worcestershire/Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 September 15 05:48 BST (UK) »
Revision to this post, not completed but the baptism has been found. Mary Ann was baptised in Frankley in 1811 to William and Mary Darby. I have posted information on another forum topic.
Can the moderator advise whether I can revise this post completely, as I would still like to find out more, or mark complete so that replies are referred to the other message on this topic?
Thank you.
Baylis MDX & WOR; Bartlett SOM; Bowyer CHS/STS; Brant WAR; Bull STS & DBY; Carrick NI; Childs DOR; Diamond KEN; Dowling IR; Driver SSX; Elford DOR; Elliott BKM; Farmer STS; Gibbons KEN; Ginger BKM; Gregory DBY; Hennessey IR; Kirtland OXF/MDX; Lakin WAR; Langley BRK; MacCarthy IR; Manwaring KEN; Miller SFK; Morgan MDX; Payne SAus/TAS/WAR; Reardon IR; Robinson NI; Rose SRY; Smith ESX; Sullivan SAus/TAS; Stevens SRY; Todd NI; Trend DEV; Webber BRK; Wetton DBY; Wood SSX; Woodings DBY; Wrathall YKS.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Happiness4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Darby of Halesowen Worcestershire/Shropshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 18 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have got ancestors who lived in Darby Hand and who were buried, I think, in St Thomas's Church - Daniel and Mary Darby were born about 1783, and they had a son William born 1823. They were probably related to your Darbys. But it would seem to me that since an actual area was named after 'Darby' there must have been a lot of them.
Happiness 4