Author Topic: McCALDRIDGE / ALEXANDER  (Read 6603 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McCALDRIDGE / ALEXANDER
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 April 10 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   William John's name was LONDIN and they married in Finvoy Presbyterian church on 11 May 1876.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline DixieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 April 10 12:01 BST (UK) »
Rebecca McCaldridge married William John Londin, on the 11 May 1876 in Finvoy Presbyterian Church, Parish of Finvoy, Civil District Ballymoney, Co Antrim.

A reference for an Alexander McAldridge,  1876, Ballymoney, volume 16, page 160.

Dixie
Antrim.  Campbell, Carson,Dickson, Gilmore, Creaney
Down.    Dickson, Fairley, Irvine, McCune, Carlisle,    
               Wilson, Quinn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 April 10 12:05 BST (UK) »
Did a search of 1911 census for William John and Rebecca Loudin and couldn't find them but it's possible they either left Ireland or died before the census. Perhaps when 1901 census is released mid-2010 they might be found.
There's no headstone for any variation of Loudin in Finvoy Presbyterian churchyard but perhaps they had no headstone, perhaps it was her church or perhaps neither belonged there but it's just that the marriage took place there. Also checke for Alexander/McCaldridge, etc.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

mandyfahey

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 April 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
I have this document in relation to Rebecca McCaldridge and John Loudin. Hopefully you will be able to view it properly.
for more information please contact me at
(*)
Mandy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Also, marriage certificate has been removed as you may only post a small portion of certificates for deciphering purposes.

mandyfahey

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 April 10 22:45 BST (UK) »
moderator, thank you for your comments. I apologise for this.

Mandy

Offline m.leddy-searle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 April 10 05:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you, all. We believe that my grandmother, whose name was Elizabeth Pearl Josephine Searle, was born around 1883. The family can find no birth certificate, and when she applied for a passport in the 1930's, a relative had to go down to the passport office and attest that my grandmother was born in the U.S. I was always told by my mother that her grandmother's name was Rebecca McAldridge, that her mother never knew her mother, and that there were 13 brothers and sisters, possibly some in Ireland, but 5 in the US in Brooklyn, NY.  Of my grandmother's siblings, we find one other listing a McAldridge as the name of his mother. This would be James Searle was born in the 1870's (don't have the info hand).  Other siblings list other surnames for their mother including Boyd. It's all very confounding, especially since McAldridge records seem scant. I have the impression that my grandmother's father married several times and that there were at least three mothers. Thus, if Rebecca McAldridge's husband had died and she remarried Alfred Searle, she could be the right one.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 April 10 09:15 BST (UK) »
From the new details in your lastest post I found more information-

1880 Census- Brooklyn, Kings, N.Y.:
Alfred Searle, 39, carpenter, born England; Ann Searle, 38, Ireland; William Searle, 6, N.Y.; James Searle, 12, N.Y.; Alice Searle, 5, N.Y.; Alfred Searle, 3, N.Y.

IGI has submitted details of the family-
Alfred Searle m.(1867 Kings Co.) Anna. Children- James, Joseph (b.1868 Kings Co.), William (b.1874 Kings Co.), Alice, Alfred (b.1877 Kings Co.).
Most importantly is an extracted record- Elizabeth Searle born 29 Aug.1880 Brooklyn- parents Alfred Searle and Ann Boyd

Italian Gnealogy website lists a death for Alfred Searle 19 Apr.1913 Kings Co. (age 38) which may be the Alfred supposed to have been born 1877. There's also a death for an Alfredo G. Searle 29 June 1885 Kings Co. (age 43) but not sure if this is Alfred Searle who married Ann Boyd.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

mandyfahey

« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 April 10 15:27 BST (UK) »
I have gone over my family tree and found that Rebecca McCaldridge (b 1854 daughter of John McCaldridge and Mary Jane Wilkinson) married John Loudin, as noted in a previous post by me.

I have another Rebecca McAldrigde (daughter of Thomas McAldridge and Rebecca Graham, they married in 1824, Ballymoney, NI) This Rebecca had a sister Anne McAldridge (b 1831) who married a John Boyd, in 1852, again in NI. These two people  (Anne and Rebecca would have been an aunt to Rebecca of 1854)

Rebecca and John Loudin may have had a child Rebecca McCaldridge Loudin and she moved to US- just an idea with no fact to support the last sentence.
We like so many, have lots of unanswered questions and many gaps in our information.

Alexander was a middle name for some of the male children and their children. There are many variations on McCaldridge through the ages with this family, finally adopting the surname Alexander around 1888 when some of the family moved to Lanarkshire, Scotland. Some members had moved to New Zealand and US.

Apologies if this is confusing.
Mandy

Offline mad jock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 October 11 00:15 BST (UK) »
I have hit the proverbial brick wall with this information, can anyone help, please?

10th April 1859, John Doherty (alias Lynch) to Mary McAldridge (Widow alias McLaughlin), Brick Row.
From records held at the Public Records Office of Northern Ireland on 16 April 2009.
Reference No. MIC 1D/56
www.emeraldancestors.
From the Marriage Registers of the Limavady Roman Catholic Church, in the Parish of Drumachose, County Londonderry, 1859

Can anyone shed some light as to Mary's parents and the Mclaughlin she married. If I have the correct Mary McAldridge, she had an illegitamate son John McCaldridge in 1843, Portrush, Ballywillin, Co Antrim, aslo the baptism date. I have been researching McCaldridge (and variations of the surname) and the variations for some time. Some great headway has been made, but there are some people that I have hit brick walls with.

Grateful for any help given.

Mad  Jock