Author Topic: Grave Sharing?  (Read 11082 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: Grave Sharing?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 February 09 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Milly, I know who the fella is, who buried him etc, and what his last address was...or were you referring to the fella he was buried with?

I am delighted to have found out that he was at least buried with his wife.  It's kind of nice to know they are together :)
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 February 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Daisy Loo - you're welcome.

Milly - the burial was in Plumstead, SE London (or Kent back then).
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 February 09 23:39 GMT (UK) »
DIMPS:  Ah Thanks - I was getting confused...and got it in my head it was Manchester...

Daisyloo... I meant the other mystery extra person....

Milly

McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Subaru

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Whitehaven harbour
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 March 09 00:49 GMT (UK) »
My husbands gr grandfather is buried in the same grave as his first wife, and his second wife.  Also a baby from his first marriage.

His first wife died just after their  baby was born, and the baby died three weeks later.  Her sister came over from Ireland to help him look after the first three daughters.  She ended up marrying him and they went on to have 2 more sons and another daughter.  He died not long after in WW1, leaving his second wife to bring up the whole clan.

Part of me thinks isn't it nice that he has both wives in there with him, and the other part of me thinks 'Poor thing!!'  They must be ganging up on him in there and nagging him something rotten ;D

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 March 09 10:22 GMT (UK) »
lol - I think it's nice..the two sisters both together....he really is in heaven now eh?  ;D ;D
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline sheena58

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 13:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

Someone (Dimps...thanQ) has recently found a grave of one of my ancestors, and happily he is buried there with his wife.  He died in 1878, she died in 1893.  But also buried in the same grave was a person of a totally different name, in 1864.

Daisy Loo

I have found at least two relative burried in graves where there is no obvious link. The first was a 7 year old child burried in what could be her maternal grandmother's grave in 1854. The second an elderly single women in the mid 20th century was burried with a man who turned out to be an uncle by marriage.
The family were quite poor and I guess that it made sense to pool resources or use up a spare space! It seems very odd to us but people lived (and died) in such close proximity compared to current times.
MacKay/McKay: Glasgow, Inverness,Tarbat & RedCastle Scotland.  Toronto, Canada.
McAulay/MacAulay: Caithness, Sutherland,Glasgow.
Dallas: Inverness.
Fraser: Tarbat.
Whyte: Avoch, Knockbain.
Mynard/Cannom/Harridance: any
Barrenger/Stapleton: Kent
Hoare: Hoo/Maidstone
Baker/Wood: Boughton Malherbe
Saltmarsh: Maldon district.
Smith: Dunmow/Stow Maries.
Anderson/Rash: Cambs
Pegg/Garner:Norfolk/Cambs
Bruce:Caithness