Author Topic: No names registered!EBBS/BOLGER-DUBLIN  (Read 3717 times)

Offline marthajones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: No names registered!EBBS/BOLGER-DUBLIN
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 August 18 21:49 BST (UK) »
I have Catherine and Andrews children as John my ggrandad, Bridget and Catherine. John's daughter, my granaunt is alive and confirmed her Dad's siblings who I've all traced. The census for 1901, 34 Temple Road has no Arthur on it, my ggrandad may have been Arthur going by John. John Perry, had 6 children by 2 wives, my grandmother was his eldest daughter Amelia.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 August 18 21:53 BST (UK) »
I was referring to Andrew's father John!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline marthajones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 August 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
Yes I forgot yes his father was John and Mother Bridget.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 August 18 22:14 BST (UK) »
Possibly

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1890/06090/4737837.pdf

Name   JOHN PERRY
Year of Death   1890
Group Registration ID   6192362
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin South
Deceased Age at Death   44
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline marthajones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 August 18 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Have just started on my fathers side of the family tree.  :D

My Gran gave me names of her brother and sister. Her mother, father, two Aunts and Grandmother.

My problem is I have searched ALL births and marriages of EBBS and BOLGER since 1864 till 1935 in all of Ireland as they came from Dublin.  My Gran came to Manchester during the war as a nurse and stayed.  My Gran's name is Rosalyn but I have found her as Rosaleen.  I have asked her if they had any other names but she said no.  I have found her father as I got his birth date from her and it also matched his Naval service record date of birth, but in Ireland it shows a year earlier.

There are no :o names to match any that my Gran named.  She stated they were definitely their names. And that her parents were married, even checked UK records just to be on safe side, but nothing! :o

Have found her Grandmother, mother and Aunt on the 1901 and 1911 census. Her father was then in the Navy. (But NO clues there)

My Gran was born 1922, her brother(died aged7? but not found birth or death) and sister later.  So would have thought they were easy to find, but their not :o They all lived in Dublin, my Gran being the only one that left.

Was hoping to surprise Gran on her birthday later on this year with at least some of her family tree, but I just seem to be drawing blanks ??? ???

I am presently waiting for arrival of Gran's birth certificate and her fathers birth certificate :D

Does any have any suggestions has anyone come across this before???

Thanks Cancan :D :D :D

Hi Cancan,
We are distantly related. I believe that your grandmothers mother was a  cousin of my great grandmother. And she was a witness to my greatgrandparents wedding in Booterstown in 1916, between John Perry and Maggie Fitzpatrick. John's mother was Catherine Ebbs.

Offline marthajones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 August 18 22:46 BST (UK) »
Possibly

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1890/06090/4737837.pdf

Name   JOHN PERRY
Year of Death   1890
Group Registration ID   6192362
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin South
Deceased Age at Death   44

Possibly. Blackrock was as far back that they live that I know. And puts a home address closer to Rathdown Union workhouse, than perhaps Bath Avenue, where his wife Bridget went with baby Andrew in the 1870's?