Author Topic: Lots of information about where to look for Ancestors from County Monaghan  (Read 4090 times)

Offline angelan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Lots of information about where to look for Ancestors from County Monaghan
« on: Wednesday 25 February 09 22:42 GMT (UK) »
I just came across this website this evening. I wish I had known about this before I went to Ireland last year.

It gives lots of addresses and useful information about where to look for Monaghan ancestors.

Sorry If I am repeating information that's already on this board, but I hadn't come across it before.

http://www.monaghan.ie/download/pdf/ancestors.pdf

Angela

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mr J T Arthur

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of information about where to look for Ancestors from County Monaghan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 February 09 10:07 GMT (UK) »
It's the Monaghan County Library site. I have corresponded with them in the past and found their staff very helpful.

J.T.A.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of information about where to look for Ancestors from County Monaghan
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 February 09 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Angelan

I'm sure this will be very useful, I haven't investigated my Irish ancestors beyond 1841 yet as they were in England by this time, they took in Irish lodgers many from County Monaghan.

Jean  :)