Author Topic: William Cain, Inspector of Police  (Read 11436 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: William Cain, Inspector of Police
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 February 09 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again, Frances. Your pointer to the indexes is just what I was looking for. That is excellent. And also for the hint about an active Cain researcher.

My friend is descended from Clarence Douglas Cain, who is in the index of births with father William and mother Killey.

I see on the IGI a marriage of Margaret Killey to Robert Shimmin in 1868, and a baptism of Margaret Kelley to William Kelley and Catherine Quine in Jurby in 1844, so I shall look into that as a possible line.

Many thanks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline GRMCain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 November 14 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I am a great great grandson of Inspector cain and have done quiet a lot of research on him. My father has a walking stick presented to him on his retirement from the force. His daughter, Ann, is my great grandmother, but I am having trouble locating the grave of her brother George Percival who died in the Persian Gulf in 1916

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 13:48 GMT (UK) »