Author Topic: Joseph Probert/Annie Preece married 1888 Atcham,Shropshire  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Welsh Cockney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Probert/Annie Preece married 1888 Atcham,Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 15:34 GMT (UK) »
This is getting very hard
I am trying to find out what happened to both Joseph & Annie after their wedding in1888, I have been unable to find any details on Annie Preece what so ever,ie date of birth ,where etc.
I have checked the 1901 census and can find no trace of either of them,but was hoping someone might know of them and what happen to them.
Thats it in a nutshell.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TBraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, wondered if anyone ever found out further info on Joseph? Annie is my GG Grandmother. She ended up in Shrewsbury and started a new family. I can not find out why they split, i know that she and my GG Grandfather never married (pretended they were). Joseph seems to just disappear off the face of the earth? cheers Tammy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Joseph and Annie's marriage:

Annie Preece
Joseph Probert
Marriage: 01 Apr 1888
Yockleton Shropshire

When was the last sighting of them together?

Offline TBraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, yes I have the marriage certificate. I know they had a child together soon afterwards (Margaret Probert) born in Brigend Wales. which is where a few of the probert family moved to. However by 1892 Annie is back in shropshire having my great grandmother with another man (shocking behaviour)! So I know what she did next but don't know what happened to him. Can't find a death for him, and Annie and the new man never married, even though they stayed together till death and had another 3 kids. Sent off for Margaret's birth certificate so hopefully find out if her and joseph were together still when she was born.