Author Topic: Joseph Probert/Annie Preece married 1888 Atcham,Shropshire  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Welsh Cockney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Probert/Annie Preece married 1888 Atcham,Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 15:34 GMT (UK) »
This is getting very hard
I am trying to find out what happened to both Joseph & Annie after their wedding in1888, I have been unable to find any details on Annie Preece what so ever,ie date of birth ,where etc.
I have checked the 1901 census and can find no trace of either of them,but was hoping someone might know of them and what happen to them.
Thats it in a nutshell.

Offline TBraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, wondered if anyone ever found out further info on Joseph? Annie is my GG Grandmother. She ended up in Shrewsbury and started a new family. I can not find out why they split, i know that she and my GG Grandfather never married (pretended they were). Joseph seems to just disappear off the face of the earth? cheers Tammy

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Joseph and Annie's marriage:

Annie Preece
Joseph Probert
Marriage: 01 Apr 1888
Yockleton Shropshire

When was the last sighting of them together?

Offline TBraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, yes I have the marriage certificate. I know they had a child together soon afterwards (Margaret Probert) born in Brigend Wales. which is where a few of the probert family moved to. However by 1892 Annie is back in shropshire having my great grandmother with another man (shocking behaviour)! So I know what she did next but don't know what happened to him. Can't find a death for him, and Annie and the new man never married, even though they stayed together till death and had another 3 kids. Sent off for Margaret's birth certificate so hopefully find out if her and joseph were together still when she was born.