Author Topic: Hope Lodge - Birmingham  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Flosse

• RootsChat Member
  • The world is your oyster. . . .
    • View Profile
Hope Lodge - Birmingham
« on: Thursday 05 March 09 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Anyone know how I would access records of this young womens maternity hospital (or even if I am allowed to)?
I believe it was located in Loveday Street, but I also have 153 Ladywood Road, Kings Norton.

I have only a little info about it so any light you can shed on this will be most gratefully received.
Ideally I would like copies of information relating to Marjorie Davis, who was there in around June 1910 but phots of the place or any info on it or what happened to it would be good too. 
I am her GGrandaughter.

Thanks very much
Flosse
Davis, Wild, Smart, Richardson, Chambers, Taylor, Biggerstaff, Gibney

Online hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hope Lodge - Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 March 09 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hope Lodge, Birmingham, founded in 1910 was one of
the first homes for single mothers in England.....Just this snippet at the moment.....
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline PIGPOOD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hope Lodge - Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 January 17 17:08 GMT (UK) »
hello Flosse, you might try the Birmingham History Forum for help regarding Hope Lodge. I wondered if you know any of the staff names there ? I am trying to find my Grandmother and am not sure if she too was at Hope Lodge in the 930's. I think it may have been turned into flats now! Good luck with your search.Julie.