Author Topic: Madden--Farrelly  (Read 6794 times)

Offline topaze

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Madden--Farrelly
« on: Thursday 05 March 09 19:03 GMT (UK) »
hi i am new at this site..im looking for information of my great great grandparents ..john madden and catherine farrelly. they had a daughter rose madden (my great grandmother) rose was born 1st October 1866. Her birth cert shows. 1st oct 1866 Kilnalum..father John Madden Kilnalum..mother Catherine Madden formally Farrelly. John was a farmer, residence shows Kilnalum.  Rose Madden Birth reg. 18 Oct 1866.. District of Nobber..in the union of Kells..County Meath..
Next bit of info i got was..Rose madden married a John Christie From Glasgow 24 September 1889 in Dunedin New Zealand..Later Had 2 Girls and  2 Boys in Australia. The 2 boys died..One in France during WW1..and his brother died from accident in Australia 12 months later..The 2 girls went on to raise families in Australia..One of the girls was my Grandmother.

Offline SHAFFREY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Madden--Farrelly
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I have a Margaret Farrelly in my tree ( researching Shaffreys)  married Patrick Shaffrey (patricks yob1841 they had 5 children john 1879 Ellen 1876 Ann 1880 Mary 1872 Patrick 1882
i also have Bridget Farrelly 1839 marrried Christopher Shaffrey 1835 married 1869 children Ann 1870 William 1871 Elizabeth 1873 Catherine 1878 Bridget 1884 P_atrick 1881 James 1874 Mary 1876
hope this helps we may have a connection
Regards
Tracy

Offline mzzquoted

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 12 07:46 GMT (UK) »

John Madden and Catherine Farrelly were my Great Grandparents.  Their daughter Agnes (who also was known as Catherine) was born 11/17/1870 in Ballyshannon, Donegal or 12/1/1870 in Nobber, Meath.    I had been looking for info about Rose and wasn't able to find a thing, so I thank you for that.  Agnes was sent to live in Ballyshannon with an uncle where she met her husband, Hugh Stevenson.   They married then moved to America and settled in the Boston area.  Had 4 sons.  I am the youngest daughter of the 3rd son.   I have a lot more info that I would be happy to share.

I really hope you will see this.  It was posted so long ago

Offline mlsline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 March 18 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Descend from Mary Farrelly, born 1777 in Nobber. I've traced a bit more of the ancestry. Let me know if you'd like to work on connecting our lines.