Author Topic: paling / palin/ paillin/ pailling / jephont  (Read 3680 times)

Offline juliepaillin

• RootsChat Extra
  • PAILLIN LYNAM TOWERS BOWN ATKIN COLTON
    • View Profile
paling / palin/ paillin/ pailling / jephont
« on: Tuesday 15 February 05 16:32 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the PAILLIN family tree in Leicestershire St Margarets and North Evington.

The records I have state that WILLIAM PALING/PALIN was born in Nuneaton c 1818. I have the census for Warwickshire in 1841 but not Leicester. I was wondering if any body had any refernces to Paillin's (note variations in spelling).

I would particularly like to find WILLIAM's parents and his baptism/birth date. I have been to nuneaton library and looked on the baptism record, but with no sucess, but I was pushed for time!!!!

While I was in Nuneaton Library I did come accross a refernce to a THOMAS PAILLING aged 9 in the apprentice records in nuneaton 1808 with mother ANN PAILLING. I don't have a link as yet to William. But it is possible there is a link.

JOSIAH c 1839 (williams son was also born in Nuneaton) but they moved to leicester.

There is also a link to jephonts also born in nuneaton, moved to leicester.

This family also moved down to spitalfields, quaker street, london for a number of years, but moved back before the 1901 census.

Any hints, links or help would be greatly appriciated.

Other direct names in my tree include TOWERS, COLTON, BATSON, LYNAM, ATKIN, BOWN & STANTON

Regards

Julie
Colton - Barley Hertfordshire, Nuthamstead Hertfordshire, Leicester
Paillin - Leicester, Nuneaton, Spitalfields
Towers - Leicester
Atkin - Derbyshire
Lynam - Derbyshire, Notinghamshire
Bown - Leicester