Author Topic: Griffin, MacCann, Caulfield and Horan: Kilmovee  (Read 10997 times)

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Griffin, MacCann, Caulfield and Horan: Kilmovee
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 November 16 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello flatley2bsure
Thank you for your message. Yes I did know there was another James Higgins with son James in Uggool in 1901. He can't be my James Higgins as his son James was in Uggool in 1901. The other James Higgins with wife Bridget Griffin had a son born 1871 and he is not with them in 1901. I think he was my Grandfather James Higgins who was in Prescot, Lancashire, England in 1901. He was from County Mayo and died in Liverpool, England in 1938 aged 68yrs. Since the Civil Registrations have gone online I have found that there was another James Higgins in Uggool who died prior to 16 January 1901 as his son Dominick married on that day at Kilmovee RC Church to Kate Carty. I couldn't see a Death for him but could be one of those with just an index. I also found that there was another Patrick Higgins in Uggool prior to 1901 who was living in Barcull in 1901. He was married to Mary Higgins on 26 Feb 1856 at Kilmovee RC Church and had their first child Thomas on 22 December 1856 in Cloonamna.
I think this Patrick Higgins or Mary Higgins is related to who I think is my G Grandfather James Higgins of Uggool. It maybe Mary Higgins is his sister. Patrick's father may have been Thomas Higgins.
Also James Higgins and Bridget Griffin had their first child Mary in Cloonamna in 1858. Then the following ones were born in Uggool.
The James Higgins in your tree who is married to Mary Harken has a father James also.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Regards
Pat Bedrry

Quote from:  link=topic=36624.msg6106807#msg6106807 date=1479777251
Hi Pat38, not sure if you're aware but there was a second Higgins families at Uggool (Eggool) during the periods you've mentioned who also had a father and son named James (father was 49, son 18 in 1901) - they're on my own tree.

I'm a Flatley and have Higgins and Horans within my tree (hence my interest in this thread). I note the date of the thread so wont post any specific details as yet just in case it's expired!

Manchester Rambler - I'm pretty sure there are still Cauldfields in Carralackey today (I've often passed through there when travelling between Kilmovee and Charlestown).   
Higgins, Griffin, Duffy, Comer, Donnelly, Hearne, Henry, Woodside, Hague, Greaves, Davison, Mooney, Rockley, McKenna, Byrne, Berry & Barnacle.

Offline SharonGriffin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 May 20 00:13 BST (UK) »
I am the granddaughter of Mary Griffin, daughter of Mary Mannion Griffin and Thomas Griffin. Of Kilmovee, Cloonamna. Brigit Griffin is my Great-Aunt. If anyone is still on this site, please be in touch and let's share info. I have been looking for a very long time. Thanks v much. k

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 May 20 20:20 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

.......I'm pretty sure there are still Cauldfields in Carralackey today......

Funeral Times 2019
https://www.funeraltimes.com/michael-joecaulfield804559074

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 May 20 21:59 BST (UK) »
Funeral Times 2019

I've just looked up my name.
I'm bookmarking this thread in case any of my relatives turn up.
Cowban

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 May 20 01:42 BST (UK) »
I am the granddaughter of Mary Griffin, daughter of Mary Mannion Griffin and Thomas Griffin. Of Kilmovee, Cloonamna. Brigit Griffin is my Great-Aunt. If anyone is still on this site, please be in touch and let's share info. I have been looking for a very long time. Thanks v much. k

Hello Sharon
My Great Grandparents were JAMES HIGGINS born about 1831 and BRIDGET GRIFFIN born about 1833. In 1901 they were living in Uggool, Kilmovee. James Higgins died on 31 August 1907 and Bridget Griffin Higgins died in January 1919.
I have done the Ancestry DNA test and have been linked to the GRIFFIN's of Cloonamna.
I also have a connection to a MANNION who married a HIGGINS.
I will look up all my matches and I would love to hear from you as my James Higgins and Bridget Griffin had their first child Mary in 1858 in Cloonamna.
Regards
Pat Berry (nee Higgins)
Higgins, Griffin, Duffy, Comer, Donnelly, Hearne, Henry, Woodside, Hague, Greaves, Davison, Mooney, Rockley, McKenna, Byrne, Berry & Barnacle.

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 29 May 20 01:50 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

.......I'm pretty sure there are still Cauldfields in Carralackey today......

Funeral Times 2019

Hello
Thank you for contacting me regarding these CAULFIELD's
This name came up as a Godparent for my Grandfather JAMES HIGGINS baptised 11 June 1871 in Kilmovee RC Church.
He was the son of JAMES HIGGINS and BRIDGET GRIFFIN who were living in Uggool, Kilmovee in 1901.
Bridget Griffin's father was Patrick Griffin and her mother was Catherine but not sure of her surname but maybe Duffy or even Caulfield. I cannot find find a marriage for Patrick Griffin but I think he was living in Uggool. There was a Philip Griffin in Cloonamna and I think Patrick and Philip may have been brothers.
I will look up these Caulfield's of Carralackey.
Regards
Pat Berry (nee Higgins)

KG

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 29 May 20 09:12 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline SharonGriffin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 29 May 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
Pat38, I am having trouble figuring out if this is how to respond to your post #13 above. Fingers crossed. First times on this site. I have just gathered a bunch of additional information, some v conflicting dates and will be back here to you asap with specific dates and names. I've also JUST found the site Pre-1960 Kilmovee on facebook. I did a DNA test on Ancestry, is that how you checked your links to the other Griffins? Do you have any idea if there are many Griffins or Higgins etc left in Kilmovee. Thanks so much! and more as soon as possible! Sharon

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 July 20 07:55 BST (UK) »
Pat38, I am having trouble figuring out if this is how to respond to your post #13 above. Fingers crossed. First times on this site. I have just gathered a bunch of additional information, some v conflicting dates and will be back here to you asap with specific dates and names. I've also JUST found the site Pre-1960 Kilmovee on facebook. I did a DNA test on Ancestry, is that how you checked your links to the other Griffins? Do you have any idea if there are many Griffins or Higgins etc left in Kilmovee. Thanks so much! and more as soon as possible! Sharon
Hello Sharon
Just found your post. Looks like you are Sharon O'Connell. I am Pat Berry. I just logged on here to see if any more info on the Higgins, Griffin etc had been posted. For some reason I don't get notified of posts on here.
Pat