Author Topic: Thallon  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Sgt_Tollers

• RootsChat Senior
  • Happy Irene Scarlett 1897 - 1956
    • View Profile
Thallon
« on: Tuesday 15 February 05 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Having recently discovered that I have Scottish blood in the family, I am now at a loose end regarding the surname Thallon.

Is it Thallon, Thallan, or even Mallon?

I truly am at a loose end here, so any help would be much appreciated! :)

Best wishes,
Sgt Tollers
Tollerfield (All),Moy (Norfolk and Hull), Oxborrow,Ratcliffe,Scarlett,Simpson (Suffolk),Davies,Lewis (Carmarthen),Hennessy (Bermondsey and Ireland), Hand Smyth (London and Ireland),Fenton,Warrener (Yorkshire) :).

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thallon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Thallon seems to crop up most in the Fife area of Scotland, although there are other areas - Renfrew, Edinburgh.  The IGI might be a good place to start for pointers and ScotlandsPeople might also prove useful.

Good luck.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Thallon

• I am choosing not to receive new notifications.
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 February 05 22:14 GMT (UK) »
  I also have Thallon in my family as well.  From the Fife area of Scotland.  Have just recently started to research it,  is there anyone in particular your looking for?
Paton,Dewar,Thallon,Carmichael,McPhail,Mills               Glasgow,Edinburgh,Lennoxtown,Kilconquhar,Ardchattan,Muckairn,Anderston,Oban,Connel

Offline R Thallon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 14:54 BST (UK) »
I'm a Thallon from Perth Australia my dad searched my family history back to the 1600's found out some interesting stuff.

Offline Sgt_Tollers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 May 05 19:43 BST (UK) »
  I also have Thallon in my family as well.  From the Fife area of Scotland.  Have just recently started to research it,  is there anyone in particular your looking for?

Hello there,

Sorry that it has taken me a while to reply to this.

The person in my family with the surname Thallon is one Robert Thallon Craig.

All that I know about him so far is that he settled in Hull in about the 1840's. He had three children, James Robert, Hannah and Thomas, and had died by 1846.

Hope that this can be of some help to you.

Best wishes,
Sgt Tollers
Tollerfield (All),Moy (Norfolk and Hull), Oxborrow,Ratcliffe,Scarlett,Simpson (Suffolk),Davies,Lewis (Carmarthen),Hennessy (Bermondsey and Ireland), Hand Smyth (London and Ireland),Fenton,Warrener (Yorkshire) :).

Offline Sgt_Tollers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 May 05 19:44 BST (UK) »
I'm a Thallon from Perth Australia my dad searched my family history back to the 1600's found out some interesting stuff.

Hello there,

Sorry that it has taken a while for my to get back to you.

The Thallon in my family is Robert Thallon Craig. Does this name happen to crop up anywhere in your Thallon history? :)

Best wishes,
Sgt Tollers

Offline Hayricksue

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Thallon Craig
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 September 16 17:41 BST (UK) »
Robert Thallon Craig
Just looking again and saw the name. He was my 4x GreatGrandfather, I have the story from his marriage in 1839, but nothing before that Marriage certificate to Hannah Seaman names no fathers. Would love to find more about the early years in Lanarks,