Author Topic: Phillip MOTHERSOLE - Suffolk  (Read 12279 times)

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Phillip MOTHERSOLE - Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 September 11 15:41 BST (UK) »
Marriage

Philip Mothersole of Gt Livermere
Susan Daynes
30th April, 1760
Culford
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lancep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 September 11 06:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Suffolk*Sue for the marriage posting. Now the monumental inscriptions are making sense and a more complete picture is coming together thanks to your info.

Offline ruthqueenvic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 11 10:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks Suffolk Sue. I suppose I sound greedy but is it possible to get any further back ?   Ruth O'Regan

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 October 11 11:25 BST (UK) »
Suffolk Sue is kindly using the Suffolk Marriage Index, you will need to check the PRs to get back further  ;)

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline ruthqueenvic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 October 11 10:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue for the info. re marriage of Philip Mothersole and Susan Daynes.  I subsequently found that Philip's father was Simon Mothersole who married Elizabeth Clarke at "Livermore" on18/01/1730.  I also found another rootschat site when I googled" Suffolk County Bts" - are these sites not cross-referenced?  (I'm very new at all this so perhaps that is a very silly question!)

I am curious to find out if possible what the occupation of Philip's grandson William ( born 11/04/1800) was - any suggestions?.     Thanks again.

Ruth

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 17 October 11 13:14 BST (UK) »
http://norfolkcoast.co.uk/myths/ml_mothersole.htm

Noit on topic, but quite interesting!

A possibly later Philip:
http://historyofsuffolk.co.uk/LivermereMagma/index.shtml

From the National archives:
Copies of lease and release (on coming of age of N.L. Acton) by Nath. Acton Esq. of Bramford and Rev. Joseph Lathbury, clerk, of Livermere (trustees of will of late Baptist Lee, sole executor N. Acton) to Nath. Lee Acton, great-nephew and heir at law of Baptist Lee, of property purchased with money of Baptist Lee left to Nath. Lee Acton who is now 21.  HA61/436/875  17 & 18 July 1778

These documents are held at Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch

Contents:
Messuage, etc. in Bramford with limekiln, brickkiln, etc. called Gilbert's Farm, once occupied by Thos. Gilbert, then by Wm. Wood, then by Thos. Bond, (purchased 19/20 Sept. 1770 of Jn. Stevens, Esq.)
Messuage, etc. in Bramford called Thornbush Hall, cottage, etc. called Holmeadow, 7 acres called Aldermarsh, 1a. 1r., 4 acres, 6a. called Jans Countwell, 2 cottages on Bramford-London road, 2a. Long Pightle, 6a. Street Field, 5a. Wales Close or Wanleys, 2a. Walls (now in 1 with last), 1a. at Marish Capp, 2a. in Aldermarsh (purchased ½ Nov. 1770 of Thos. Hankey Esq.). 2 messuages, etc. in Bramford, late occupied by Edward Johnson (purchased 23/24 Apr. 1775 of Lord Archibald Hamilton). Cottage etc. in Gt. Livermere (next Little Green) - formerly of Chas. Serjeant, wheelwright, now occupied by John Jacob & Jas. Leach; messuage or backhouse in Gt. Livermere called The Cottage, late of Chas. Serjeant, once occupied by Thos. Hall, then by Benj. King, now by Simon Mothersole, bricklayer and Richard Chinnery, shoemaker; messuage and 3 acres in Gt. Livermere (built by Joseph Nunn who bought land of Baptist Lee 6/7 Aug. 1733) and 2 roods garden, etc., late occupied by Eliz. Hilder, elder, widow, and John Garwood and Simon Mothersole. Bricklayer, and occupied by Susannah Mothersole, Ann Mothersole, Chas. Ashby and John Richer (purchased 26/27 Dec. 1776 of Edward Frost and wife Ann, nee Mothersole).

Hope this is not confusing, put it in incase it becomes relevant.
PM

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm the one in the middle...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 10:20 BST (UK) »
There is a gravestone for a Mary Ann Mothersole in Sapiston churchyard - details here - www.forum.gravestonephotos.com - don't know if she is related?

Cati
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Catch the Blog at http://familytreeblogs.com/kate

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 10 January 15 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Mary Ann Mothersole was the widow of John Mothersole, son of Simon Mothersole of Great Livermere. He was born in 1777, son of Simon Mothersole & his wife Frances Garnham. Mary Ann Mothersole, maiden name Farrow, was born in 1788 in Sapiston. She married John Mothersole on 20 December 1816 at Sapiston. As far as I can tell they had no children, and he John Mothersole died in Wetherden, where he was buried in an unmarked grave on 18 February 1850. She went to live with her sister and her husband, Jeffrey Crick in the George Inn at Sapiston, where Jeffrey was the inn-keeper. She died and was buried in that grave in Sapiston on 14 November 1861. I can't find the George Inn in Sapiston now, there is a George Cottage apparently-does anyone know when the pub ceased operating and is there any connection between George Cottage and George Inn?

Tom