Author Topic: William Doran  (Read 5527 times)

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William Doran
« on: Monday 09 March 09 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find what happened to William Doran. William was born 1874 in Carlisle, his parents were John and Sarah. I have found him in the census' living in Carlisle up to 1901. However, wonder if he married or when and where he may have died.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks, A
Featherstonhaugh; Doran; Murray; Gray

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Doran
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 09 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you look on www.freebmd.org.uk you might find possible marriages and deaths.   The full index is available to search on various paying sites.    Once the 1911 census is available for northern counties you might be able to find him on that.
Andrea

Offline bobgraham

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 March 09 13:53 GMT (UK) »
There is a likely marriage in carlisle Q3 1902 p858 but you would need the cert to ensure the parentage is right (see barrass/ mccullock)
No deaths but we are only up to 1931.
bob
Cumberland: Graham and Greenop
Yorkshire: Altass
Scottish Isles: McLean

Offline dottyaussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 March 09 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Sorry this is not re: Doran but I did notice you are also searching Cornwall/Knight. I am also searching them and am hitting may brick walls in tracing them further back when the were in Surrey. I only have them as far as 1788 with Richard Cornwall & Mary Knight marriage in West Molesey. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 March 09 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dottie Aussie
Welcome to rootschat.  If Alison cannot help you then your best bet is to put a post on the Surrey Look Up Request board and then someone with more local knowledge might be able to help.  Give as much information as you have, including what census records you have found etc.
Have you looked at the original parish register for the marriage to see who the witnesses were?   That would help too.
Regards
Andrea

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 March 09 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dotty,
Richard Cornwall's (1769-1825) father was Richard Cornwall, born c1740 in East Molesey, Surrey and his wife was Mary Smith, born, c1744 in East Molesey, Surrey. Mary died c1815 in West Molesey. Richard and Mary Smith were married 15/02/1764 in East Molesey.
Richard and Mary Smith had six children:
1)Mary Cornwall, born 02/06/1765 in East Molesey.
2)Richard Cornwall, born 23/04/1769 in West Molesey (I have a  newspaper article from Maggie McLean who is often on this site regarding his tragic death. He died 17/02/1825 at a gunpowder factory, Stobbsmills, Gorebridge, Scotland.
3)Sarah Cornwall, born 1772 in West Molesey.
4)William Cornwall, born 25/05/1777 in West Molesey.
5)James Cornwall, born 31/10/1779 in West Molesey.
6)John Cornwall, born 22/09/1789 in West Molesey.
I have a lot more info on the GenesReunited website and could give you access if you use that site.
Regards, Alison

Offline mccaske

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 April 09 16:30 BST (UK) »
Richard Cornwall b 1740 was my husband's 5th great grandfather. I wonder if you would also give me access to the Genes Reunited site?

http://www.mccaskie.org.uk/Bennet.htmhttp://

Thanks heather

Hi Dotty,
Richard Cornwall's (1769-1825) father was Richard Cornwall, born c1740 in East Molesey, Surrey and his wife was Mary Smith, born, c1744 in East Molesey, Surrey. Mary died c1815 in West Molesey. Richard and Mary Smith were married 15/02/1764 in East Molesey.
Richard and Mary Smith had six children:
1)Mary Cornwall, born 02/06/1765 in East Molesey.
2)Richard Cornwall, born 23/04/1769 in West Molesey (I have a  newspaper article from Maggie McLean who is often on this site regarding his tragic death. He died 17/02/1825 at a gunpowder factory, Stobbsmills, Gorebridge, Scotland.
3)Sarah Cornwall, born 1772 in West Molesey.
4)William Cornwall, born 25/05/1777 in West Molesey.
5)James Cornwall, born 31/10/1779 in West Molesey.
6)John Cornwall, born 22/09/1789 in West Molesey.
I have a lot more info on the GenesReunited website and could give you access if you use that site.
Regards, Alison

Offline alisonbcd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather,
It appears the GenesReunited website is having some technical problems this evening. I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow.
Regards,
Alison