Author Topic: Cemeteries in Polbrock/Stabannon area  (Read 11846 times)

Offline Paughanstown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cemeteries in Polbrock/Stabannon area
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 October 09 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathy,

Lost in the past right now.  If you have any Info on how Dunnes related to Carrolls it would be great, any info is some info.

Nicola

Offline rmburke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Did you ever find your Dunne ancestors? I "think" my Richard Dunn b. circa 1815 who was from County Louth may be related? As I find a Richard Dunn in the Tithe Survey for Pollbrock. I haven't ANY clue to who his parents were...his death certificate does not name his parents. He removed from Ireland post 1850 - yet to find him on a ship manifest, for the state of Michigan in the USA. He was married to a Bridget, and their two children were; Betsey and Michael. THey may have had more children, but to date these are the only two that have surfaced. I descend out of Richard through Michael b. 1840 in County Louth and died here in Michigan, he is my Great Grandfather. Betsey never married. Any help?  ::)Thanks, Michelle

That would be most kind.  I am looking for Thomas Dunne b:(abt) 1828 d: (abt)1870.  Son of Patrick Dunne, wife's name Margaret Dunne (nee Grimes) of Pollbrock.  I sure hope you find something, I have been looking for him for 5 yrs now without any luck at all.  Hard for me to search the graveyards being thousands of miles away.  Thank you again, I truly appeciate it.
Michelle - Michigan USA

Townlands of Creevamoy and Ballyligpatrick:
Surname: Graham

Townlands of Drummuck & Drumlickney:
Surname: Gordon

Townland of Ballylig:
Surnames: Moffat/Moffet, Boyd, and Knowles

Townland of Ballycraigy:
Surnames: Campbell, and Speer/Spear,

Townland of Loughconnelly:
Clark or Clarke

County Antrim:
Surnames: Craig, Morton, Huston/Houston

Offline avajane1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 May 14 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi there I am going to ask my dad about Carroll and Dunne familys of that area he is in his 80s and great for the history of those places as he is origionally from there still has family there.His family name is Faulkner but his grandparents were known as the cobbler murphys and also Lawlesss from Dunleer.Also go on facebook and look up the genealogy research assistance group they will help you free of charge also the louth genealogy group. Also I have done a lot of research on my family and a lot of people from that area ended up in Liverpool try census for Liverpool

Offline osoyoosbabe1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Anthony Dunne Castle Bellingham,
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 October 14 21:22 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any info  on Anthony Dunne, b. 1834, Castle bellingham, Louth. His father was also Thomas Dunne

Offline avajane1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 October 14 19:51 BST (UK) »
I can tell you that Anthony Dunne was a witness in a case against a Thomas Carroll who assaulted a man which resulted in his death, This case was on 18th November 1884. If you go into find my past Ireland it is viewable.

Offline DFoxley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 October 16 19:25 BST (UK) »
To CathyGietl,

In case you are still looking I have information on a Thomas Dunn (not sure if it is the same or not - no "e"), In his military records he claims to be born in Braganstown, Louth, Ireland - in about 1832.

He died in August 1869 - but not in Ireland- rather in Nevada, USA.

I only know about him between 1861 and 1869 and would really like to find his parents or family.  It sounds like you may have done a bit of research into the Thomas Dunne/Dunn of that place and time so I would enjoy any insight you could also give me.

Regards,

Offline DFoxley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 October 16 19:26 BST (UK) »
That would be most kind.  I am looking for Thomas Dunne b:(abt) 1828 d: (abt)1870.  Son of Patrick Dunne, wife's name Margaret Dunne (nee Grimes) of Pollbrock.  I sure hope you find something, I have been looking for him for 5 yrs now without any luck at all.  Hard for me to search the graveyards being thousands of miles away.  Thank you again, I truly appeciate it.

To CathyGietl,

In case you are still looking I have information on a Thomas Dunn (not sure if it is the same or not - no "e"), In his military records he claims to be born in Braganstown, Louth, Ireland - in about 1832.

He died in August 1869 - but not in Ireland- rather in Nevada, USA.

I only know about him between 1861 and 1869 and would really like to find his parents or family.  It sounds like you may have done a bit of research into the Thomas Dunne/Dunn of that place and time so I would enjoy any insight you could also give me.

Regards,