Author Topic: Taylor Family - Barnstaple, Devon  (Read 12703 times)

Offline Katerina

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor Family - Barnstaple, Devon
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 March 09 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matilda  :)

Thanks for your reply. Cathay has been in touch with lots of info and photo's - such a lovely lady  :)
I will contact you about the Saunders family and thank you for helping me  :)

Katerina

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 March 09 19:55 GMT (UK) »
i didnt realise before that you were so closely related to the saunders matilda.so are we joes aunt eileen married mosey saunders is just one of the links we have to saunders family and robert hughes 1831 his sister mary hughes married a saunders aswell.i got quite a few photos.habve developed a strong friedship with ian orchard and he is also related to them.his old granny aged 99 now has been a big help with continuiong our family.i will email you as soon as i get time and also i will send some of the saunders photos to you.love cathay
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
thanks Cathay that would be great,
 tonys gran was a Saunders before marriage, so yes they are a big part of his tree,
Ians very helpful isnt he , have been writing to him for a few years on and off.
      Matilda
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 21:45 GMT (UK) »
yes ians great.i expect he would like to contact you katrinia if i can give him your details.?send me your address if its okay as he has not got a computer but he is a great letter writer and will send you what hes got as he dosnt mind sharing at all.  matilda i have a babout 40 photos of the saunders family come to me from ian plus what i have from our aunt eileen but i havent yet scanned themn into the computer.as soon as i do i will send to you and to catie.love to you both cousin cathayb
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 21:55 GMT (UK) »
thanks cathay
 must drop ian a letter i owe him one but dont seem to have much time with Liberty here now.
          t c Matilda
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline Katerina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Cathay, will be in touch soon  :) Now in touch with Matilda, which is great  :)

Love to all the family  :)

Katerina

Offline portholemike

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 September 10 22:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Suanne, your help is very appreciated  :)

hi katerina, only just joined so still finding my way around. if this is any help, my grandfathers sister married joe taylor,she was called betsy penfold at barnstaple,her mum was ocean,and father was henry penfold, i have a bapism for a child they had called harriet,dated 24 jan 1897,abode,sojourners in braunton just outside barnstaple, name of church is st calixtus,westdown,between barnstaple and ilfracombe,devon joe could be a son of the one you mentioned.   
                         portholemike
devon,dorset,somerset.wilts,cornwall,hants

Offline Katerina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 September 10 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi PortholeMike,

Welcome to Rootschat and many thanks for your reply. It was kind of you to submit that info - very interesting.

I was wondering whether you had done any research into Mark Taylor and Charlotte Lewis? I've hit a brick wall as far as this couple are concerned. I haven't been able to find a marriage for them or even identify who their parents were :)

Best Wishes,

Katerina

Offline portholemike

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 September 10 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi PortholeMike,

Welcome to Rootschat and many thanks for your reply. It was kind of you to submit that info - very interesting.

I was wondering whether you had done any research into Mark Taylor and Charlotte

Katerina
devon,dorset,somerset.wilts,cornwall,hants