Author Topic: Lacey of Wicklow  (Read 46411 times)

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lacey of Wicklow
« on: Saturday 14 March 09 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for Lacey family of Arklow, Wicklow.....Anybody out there also tracing Lacey I would love to hear from you.
Bridget Lacey
Alec Lacey
Thomas Lacey
John Lacey
Just a few.

Jeanette

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lacey of Wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 March 09 18:54 GMT (UK) »
There'll probably be a better response to your post if you could fill in some dates (even approximate dates would help). Also, let us know what information you have/sources you've already checked so we don't post details which duplicate what you already have found.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
  • Catherine Leahy and Francis Meates
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 March 09 00:17 GMT (UK) »
my brother in laws name is  martin lacey and he was born in river lane in arklow... is he your family .. he moved to gorey with his family and when he married my sister they moved to wolverhampton in england... is he your family he is tracing his family tree and would love to know
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 March 09 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Sorry I wasn't thinking straight when I first put the post up yesterday, I will put more details up on this post to hopefuly help in finding some more information:
Martin Lacey , I don't know about I am sorry.....he could well be related to my Lacey's as I don't know all that much about them but maybe some of the following information will ring a bell to him.
I have:
Peter Lacey and Mary Forde (Dates of birth are not known for these two) but I do have the following:
Peter Lacey was born in Johnstown, Arklow, Ireland.  in 1869 his occupation was  a Labourer this was found on his son (Matthew Lacey's) wedding entry.
Witnesses to the wedding of Peter Lacey and Mary Forde were: Thomas Proute and Mary Canavan.
Peter and Mary married 5 May 1834 in S S Mary & Peter's R C Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
They had the following children:
Thoma Lacey Born 17 Jan 1837 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow Ireland.  Sponsors to the christening were: Patrick Kennedy and Elizabeth Forde

Matthew Lacey b. 16 Nov 1839 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Witnesses to the Christening were: Daniel Kavanagh and Teresa Forde

Peter Lacey born 27 May 1842 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the christening were: Matthew and Catherine Forde

Mary Anne Lacey born 30 Apr 1845 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the christening were: Timothy Hand and Mary Keough.

John Lacey born 1846 in Arklow, Wicklow , Ireland.

Margaret Lacey b. 12 July 1848 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: Matthew Forde and Margaret McDaniel.

Bridget Lacey b.22 June 1851 in Arklow, Wicklow , Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: John MacDonnell and Mary Lawless.

Alec or Alexander Lacey born 7 June 1856 in Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: Patrick Cavanagh and Mary Lacey.

I know there are a few Lacey and Forde Names mentioned here as Sponsors to the Christnenings but I have not been able to find out how they are related, I am assuming most of the Forde names would be brothers or sisters to Mary Forde but cannot confirm any more than what is here.

I also know that Peter Lacey born 1842 Moved to Ennerdale in England at some point and went on to have a family there with his wife Julia McDonell/McDonald.

I also know that Bridget Lacey came over to Wales at some point and she married my G/Grandfather Owen Prydderch but I have not been able to find the Marriage listed here in Wales.

Also with Bridget in the 1881 Census by which time she was Bridget Elizabeth Prydderch......her brother Alec Lacey was residing with them in Leeswood, Mold, Flintshire. but I cannot find him after the 1881 census.

Any help in this would be greatfully recieved.

Jeanette

Offline Cara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my "profile" yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 April 09 06:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
Sorry I wasn't thinking straight when I first put the post up yesterday, I will put more details up on this post to hopefuly help in finding some more information:
Martin Lacey , I don't know about I am sorry.....he could well be related to my Lacey's as I don't know all that much about them but maybe some of the following information will ring a bell to him.
I have:
Peter Lacey and Mary Forde (Dates of birth are not known for these two) but I do have the following:
Peter Lacey was born in Johnstown, Arklow, Ireland.  in 1869 his occupation was  a Labourer this was found on his son (Matthew Lacey's) wedding entry.
Witnesses to the wedding of Peter Lacey and Mary Forde were: Thomas Proute and Mary Canavan.
Peter and Mary married 5 May 1834 in S S Mary & Peter's R C Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
They had the following children:
Thoma Lacey Born 17 Jan 1837 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow Ireland.  Sponsors to the christening were: Patrick Kennedy and Elizabeth Forde

Matthew Lacey b. 16 Nov 1839 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Witnesses to the Christening were: Daniel Kavanagh and Teresa Forde

Peter Lacey born 27 May 1842 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the christening were: Matthew and Catherine Forde

Mary Anne Lacey born 30 Apr 1845 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the christening were: Timothy Hand and Mary Keough.

John Lacey born 1846 in Arklow, Wicklow , Ireland.

Margaret Lacey b. 12 July 1848 in Johnstown, Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: Matthew Forde and Margaret McDaniel.

Bridget Lacey b.22 June 1851 in Arklow, Wicklow , Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: John MacDonnell and Mary Lawless.

Alec or Alexander Lacey born 7 June 1856 in Arklow, Wicklow, Ireland. Sponsors to the Christening were: Patrick Cavanagh and Mary Lacey.

I know there are a few Lacey and Forde Names mentioned here as Sponsors to the Christnenings but I have not been able to find out how they are related, I am assuming most of the Forde names would be brothers or sisters to Mary Forde but cannot confirm any more than what is here.

I also know that Peter Lacey born 1842 Moved to Ennerdale in England at some point and went on to have a family there with his wife Julia McDonell/McDonald.

I also know that Bridget Lacey came over to Wales at some point and she married my G/Grandfather Owen Prydderch but I have not been able to find the Marriage listed here in Wales.

Also with Bridget in the 1881 Census by which time she was Bridget Elizabeth Prydderch......her brother Alec Lacey was residing with them in Leeswood, Mold, Flintshire. but I cannot find him after the 1881 census.

Any help in this would be greatfully recieved.

Jeanette
Hi
I am looking for Lacey family of Arklow, Wicklow.....Anybody out there also tracing Lacey I would love to hear from you.
Bridget Lacey
Alec Lacey
Thomas Lacey
John Lacey
Just a few.

Jeanette

Jeanette

I did a 100 page report on this name for Co Wicklow did you at any time receive that from anyone via the net?

I do have  the family you seek in my Co Wicklow Data Base  I will look closer at it and see if there is anything new you do not have.

Cara

Cara

Offline enfield

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 April 09 07:03 BST (UK) »
4 Laceys died in ww1 from around that area but they were from Wexford not Wicklow. They were from Kilrush, Enniscorthy and Wexford town
 Regards.
 Tom

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 April 09 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Cara
I only have the information I have put on here, I don't have a large report on the Lacey family no, I may have missed that at some point.
I would love any information you may have on the family if possible.
Thank you
Jeanette

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 April 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

I don't know of any others thats the problem, all I know is about the ones I have listed and they are all down as Wicklow but there were more than likely others of the surrounding area's as I am not 100% sure of were they started out.
Jeanette

Offline J.M. Flannery

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 16:26 GMT (UK) »
There are 64 families of Lacey are listed for County Wicklow on the census of 1911.
only 1 family from Wicklow Town. They lived on Wicklow Head.

Residents of house number 2 in Dunbur Head (Wicklow Rural, Wicklow)
 All three were Roman Catholic, single and born Co Wicklow
1 Lacey Margaret age 70 Head of Family, Farmer,
2 Lacey John age 48 Nephew, Farmer
3 Carroll Jane 14  Niece

Julia
Doyle, Malone, Ryan, Wicklow.
Murray of Arklow.
(O)Carroll of Annamoe, & Cornagower, Brittas, Wicklow, & Co Carlow.
Waters, Haughton, Leviston, Goggin. Kavanagh Wicklow.
Lavender and Newman of Ballyhad, Rathdrum.