Author Topic: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham  (Read 139354 times)

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
Re: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham
« Reply #333 on: Sunday 20 May 12 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm sorry I dont have any Hannah & Daniel, son John on the tree I have or any Blomfields in Playford.

Have you tried the Playford Parish Records - I you are lucky you may be able to buy them in a CD format on line for maybe under £10.

I have to purchase quite a few parish records CD's to make links to go back further.

Sometimes it is the only way to then link into someone elses tree.

Yi
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Sunday 20 May 12 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesden and Alan b,

This is a link to the tree....

http://amandahan.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=amandahan&mmg=8327991441&switch=0&rand=433788129

password "storm" for access.

Its for anyone to look at - can't guarantee all info is 100% as not all is mine or my cousins on here but we do our best.

The name changes due to the phonetic spelling of the people taking the census records or of the varients in how each priest spelt it - one vicar may spell it Blomfield and the next one to come along will enter it in the parish records as Blumfield - no one could spell in those days!

Hence they move parish and the vicar also spells it different to the last parish they lived in.

Hope that helps
Yi
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Lady Grace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researching my Blomfield,Blomevyle Pedigree 1086-
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Saturday 09 March 13 04:51 GMT (UK) »
Just checking in to say hello all,  :) how did you get on with your  coat of arms Amanda? do tell....I had  forgotten my password on here, had  computer crash so lost all the cookies, lol fun and games but back again...eek they said I didn't exist!, ::) Well folks into a new year lets hope we can turn up some clues to help us get the tree back to its roots.... Amanda hey I was looking at something on one of the genealogy sites, your stuff actually, but when I clicked to see more, hey I had to join and pay ???...on 2 sites...bum!  >:( I put all my stuff on my Blomfield website FREE....no one has to pay to get their genealogy..cheeky sods.....cheers all for now and happy fruitful hunting!
Blondeville,  Blonville, Blomvyle, Blomfield, etc., Bacon, Mickfield, Bury St Edmunds, Debenham, little Stonham, Winston, Newton Flotman, Stoneham Parva, Normandy France

Offline Lady Grace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researching my Blomfield,Blomevyle Pedigree 1086-
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Thursday 30 May 13 03:35 BST (UK) »
Amanda and I are still hot on the Blomfield/Blomvyle track 8) though some trails have gone cold ???....one Family line we are eager to trace is our great grandmother xxxxx etc.,  direct ancestor 18 generations, she is  Elizabeth 'ENGLISH' daughter c1420 and heiress of William 'ENGLISH'c 1400.re pedigree records at Norfolk records office.....,she married our GILBERT BLOMYVLE in c 1469...in those days her family name would not have been 'ENGLISH'. possibly Englose/Inglose/Englose/l'englose/ etc., etc.,.....so......onwards
Blondeville,  Blonville, Blomvyle, Blomfield, etc., Bacon, Mickfield, Bury St Edmunds, Debenham, little Stonham, Winston, Newton Flotman, Stoneham Parva, Normandy France

Offline carolli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi you Blo(o)mfield experts,

not a Stoneham one I'm having problems with, but reading your posts you seem to be the folks to help me. My James Bloomfield c 1815 would seem to be part of the family of James and Sarah of Bucklesham and Claydon. However, on both the 1841 and 1851 census his birthplace is given as "Benhall". This is something of a stumbling block for me, but unless there is another likely James
to attach to the family, can I embrace the rest of the family as mine including the Tasmania branch?
BLOOMFIELD-Suffolk/Lancashire
KIRKBY/SWAIN/CROSSLEY-Lancashire
BYRNE-Dublin/Manchester/Lancashire
McGOUGH-Dundalk/Monaghan/Manchester
SHERIDAN-Dundalk/Manchester
TITTERINGTON-Fylde
ROWBOTHAM-Cheshire
SOUTHGATE-Suffolk/London

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Sunday 22 February 15 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

We are having a look into this for you, meanwhile if you have a Face Book Account we are all chatting over there about this and other stuff on https://www.facebook.com/groups/Blomvyle/

Amanda (Yi)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Friday 20 March 15 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Found this in a google book, may be of interest.  10-June-1642.  Margaret Blomefield, alias Clench. Administration granted to William Blomefield, husband of Margaret Blomefield,alias Clench, late of Stoneham Parva. deceased.
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have just found a Blomfield who might belong in my tree, I don't know if anyone has come across her. Two baptism records (from FindMyPast transcripts & images)

TNA/RG/4/3093 SUFFOLK: Debenham (Independent): Births & Baptisms
17 Jul 1757 Debenham. William son of William & Elizabeth Buxton of Debenham. Baptised by Thomas Harmer

TNA/RG/4/1863 SUFFOLK: Watersfield (Independent): Births & Baptisms
17 Jul 1757 Watersfield. William son of William Buxton of the parish of Debenham by Elizabeth his wife, daughter of Stephen Blomfield, of the same town. Baptised by Thomas Harmer.
I assume that "Watersfield near Botesdale" is actually Wattisfield)

I am puzzled by why there is an entry in the Wattisfield records but this seems to contain details of baptisms in a number of parishes. I am thankful that it provides more detail.

However I have yet to find the marriage of Elizabeth & William or other convincing evidence of Elizabeth or Stephen. I wondered if anyone else had come across them

Robert.
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Monday 04 July 16 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A group of us have now gone back to Gilbert Blomvyle & Elizabeth c1450 and his father Robert & grandfather John Blomvyle m Alice Crowe (Will 1490) happy to share