Author Topic: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham  (Read 139475 times)

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
Re: BLO(O)MFIELDs - Stoneham
« Reply #351 on: Friday 09 September 16 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

There's a knight I think somewhere along the line as well. I assume you've gone back through to the d'Blunvil line? Be interesting to know who you've attached to ;-) Theres a facebook page you can join where we try and help trace lines of research for each and go back further - look up Blomvyle Blomfield Bloomfield Family
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline kitwinks97

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Monday 09 January 17 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guys,

Believe I am of the same line as you all! My relative John Wink, married Amy Blomfield to make the link. However, I believe I am descended from a Thomas Bloomfield (1608) through his son Hammond though I keep coming up blank when I search for him. Is anyone aware of this Hammond (I know there are a fair few in the line). This one was born 1634.

Many thanks
Kitty

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: Friday 13 January 17 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have Amy as daughter of Hamon and Ann Markwell (Earl Stonham)
Hamon from Hamant & Mary (Mendlesham)
Hamant from Thomas & Susan Camp (Richangles/Wetherinsett)
Thomas 1661 from Hammond & Ann (wetheringsett)
Hammond from Thomas & Ann

Ring any bells?
Yi
de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: Friday 13 January 17 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have Hammond b 1634 - I do not have a link back any further than stated - he is related to my branch via marriage into another Blomfield branch.

Yi

Offline Genowes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I haven't had chance to read all this but noticed Four Elms Stonham mentioned and the Blomfields and Genowes.
My understanding is that Genowes dated to around 1500 then changed to Four Elms in around 1550. This stayed until it turned into a school much more recently with a bit of history attached. Anyway, we bought Four Elms in 2015 and it is now a very happy family home once again. But I have loved learning the history from others 😁

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Thursday 02 March 17 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Genowes,

Yi Win is Manda - we are in contact via email.

Hope the renovations are going ok & glad the house is being lived in as a home again.

Good luck!

PM me if you've lost my email - I've still got yours & some piccys of how things are going would be great.

Manda

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: Friday 25 December 20 17:04 GMT (UK) »
From the Suffolk Archives online -

This may be of interest to some people on here if they have not already seen it before.

These are grants/ demises/ deeds relating to Blomvyle's. It is over two pages and the dates range from 1473 - 1496. The names and places may be familiar to some people.

There is also a reference here for a will of a William "Blomvyle alias Blomfield" the elder of Little Stonham, in 1649. -

https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/collections/search/?s=Blomvyle&qa%5Bkeyword_reference_type%5D=0&qa%5Bpartner%5D&qa%5Bidentifier%5D&qa%5Bdate_from%5D&qa%5Bdate_to%5D&qa%5Btitle%5D&qa%5Bperson%5D&qa%5Bplace%5D&qa%5Bsubject%5D&qa%5Bformat%5D&cbpt=0&cbav=2&cbadvsearchquery

One of my 12x great grandad's was William Tydeman of Earl Stonham. He made his will there in 1667. In this will he mentions appurtenances which he brought off "John Blomfield, gent." -

http://www.alan137.co.uk/family/499.htm

This above tree has William's wife Ann as being born a Braham, daughter of  John Braham of Wickham Skeith. But I can't find a marriage anywhere. It shows her maternal grandfather to have been William Blomfield (1573 - 1633). -

http://www.alan137.co.uk/family/500.htm

From his will written in 1679, there was a John Braham the elder of Wickham Skeith. He did have a son named John, and daughters named Frances, Mary, and Ann.
But Ann/Anne in John Braham's will was named as the wife of a John Corbold.

From a search result on Find My Past Ann Braham and John Corbold were married in 1652.

Ann's husband was the John Corbold/Corbould son of a Richard of Thorndon and Cotton named on page 5 here:

https://www.corbould.com/tcgbook/pdf/TCG_searchable.pdf

Thank you.  :) ;)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Friday 25 December 20 20:42 GMT (UK) »
The link you posted is to my tree and while like you I have been unable to find the marriage of Edmund Tydeman to Ann I have left in the supposed marriage to a Ann Barham although this is very much unproven at present.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: Friday 25 December 20 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas also.  :)