Author Topic: ATTEWELL  (Read 26037 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ATTEWELL
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 20 October 16 21:59 BST (UK) »
David, I'll private message you. We may have the same person in our tree.
Rebekah
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline David Henry Attewell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 13 November 16 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rebekahm,sorry its taken a while to reply i'm still getting the hang of computers, I believe we share a great grandfather in Henry Attewell 1856-1935 so hello cousin.
Attewell/Joles/Wood

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 13 November 16 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ive private messaged my email.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ATTEWELL and Loveridge
« Reply #57 on: Monday 14 November 16 18:29 GMT (UK) »
For those researching Richard Attewell born 1877 to Henry Attewell and Hannah Maria Loveridge; I have found on Glamorgan burials a 'Queen Mary Loveridge' buried in Aberkenfig aged 5 months, she was living with Richard Attewell and his wife Celia at 39 Dunraven Street, Aberkenfig. Queen Mary's mothers maiden name was Roberts, which was Celia's maiden name. Im unsure who this childs parents were and if they were living with Richard and Celia, or if Celia fostered the child, as she seemed to take in lodgers most of her life. Just thought it may be of interest to anyone looking at the Loveridge's as well as the Attewell's.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 14 November 16 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just to add to Emanuels Attewells story he traveled the fairs with film shows and before that as a prize fighter in jack Scarrots boxing booth and his wife Mary [Hughes] on smaller stalls.
Attewell/Joles/Wood

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 14 November 16 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi David I've emailed you tonight , if you don't get them they might be in the spam folder. many thanks for the info! In 1939 henrys wife Rebecca was widowed with adult children Albert and Priscilla living in a caravan on market street, Carmarthen . She died in a caravan in Danybanc, pembrey in Dec 1946.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 13 February 17 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,My grandfather Emanuel told me his mother was a Scamp so Ive been searching and on the marriage certificate of Henry Attewell + Rebecca Railey in 1880 were her parents names Thomas + Sara, is it possible this was Thomas Scamp + Sara Boswell using the surname Riley as his father William Riley Scamp AKA William Riley had done perhaps to keep out of the way which would explain Rebecca's surname being listed as Railey instead of Scamp.
Attewell/Joles/Wood

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 01 April 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
Looks like it David, I'm glad your grandfer gave you information, there's so much we cant rely on written records for. Boswell a good strong gypsy name. x

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Rebecca i'm more sure of it now as i have some cousin matches to Sarah Boswell  on ancestry DNA.
Attewell/Joles/Wood