Author Topic: MacLennan from Kinlochewe, Gairloch  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Kiko

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
MacLennan from Kinlochewe, Gairloch
« on: Friday 20 March 09 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I have quite a bit of information to share of the MacLennans from the Lecky-Kinlochewe Heights area, but also some gaps that I would like to fill in.

Francisco
MacLennan/Gairloch
McKay/Descendants of the Blind Piper
Jackson, Strong & Chambers/Northumberland
Mills, Cameron/Falkland Islands
Larsen/Denmark
Larrosa/Argentina & Uruguay

Offline whatkaileysaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MacLennan from Kinlochewe, Gairloch
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 17 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiko. Would love to hear what you have on the MacLennans. Farthest back ancestor through paternal line is Norman Morison, who married Isabella "Bell" MacLennan in 1813. Her parents were Norman MacLennan and Mary McKenzie. I believe they lived in Kinlochewe (as indicated on marriage record) but by the time Norman and Bell had their children they were living in Applecross.
Morison (Isle of Lewis), Mclennan (Torridon), Mcleod (Scourie), McCallum (Durness), McInnes (Harris), McGillivray / McIntosh (Daviot & Dunlichity)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: MacLennan from Kinlochewe, Gairloch
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 October 17 05:05 BST (UK) »
I have quite a bit of information to share of the MacLennans from the Lecky-Kinlochewe Heights area, but also some gaps that I would like to fill in.

It may be an idea as a start for people to connect with, to post some names/dates/maiden names/children/husbands/wives as others researching are more likely to find you/family connections with a google search if the info. is available i.e. far more chance of connections.

Maybe post 1 or 2 of your people with info. where the gaps are as a starting point with all the info. you have to save people researching the info. you already have?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"