Author Topic: Williams - Missing in Middlesbrough, 1901 and later  (Read 14308 times)

Offline iamdickw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Williams - Missing in Middlesbrough, 1901 and later
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 20:22 BST (UK) »
Your last statement:
First sentence: Good
Second: Wow, how and what did you discover?
dickw
xxxx

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 21 May 10 19:46 BST (UK) »
On the tees valley indexes website I searched and askled if they could confirm the parentage of Rachel and Amy.  They emailed back to confirm Rachel and un-confirm Amy.  Obviously they won't give me Amy's details without buying the cert, however, you could email to suggest further possibly parents, such as was her father James...?  I'm pretty sure he is.

My sisters wedding tomorrow so will chat next week, take care xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline iamdickw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 23 June 10 22:00 BST (UK) »
On page 1 a reference to Thomas Lewis.  My cousin Winnie in Canada, stated that he lived with her family.  Winnie's grandmother was Rachel Thomas Collins.  Rachel was a sister to my grandmother Elizabeth Ann Thomas Hewitt and Jane Thomas Williams.  I am sure that he came to the Teesside from Wales with the Thomas family but do not know if he is related or not.  I think I asked Winnie about him some years ago and forgot what she said.  I will contact her and ask again.
I chatted with Allegs today via Facebook chat, I did find Pat Williams on a boat to Montreal in 1924.  She and my Mother were living in Blackpool, Mother worked there in a fish and chip shop.  Mother went back to South Bank when her father died in 1924.

Offline Helen smurf

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 04 August 18 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
I’m not sure if you still use this site but I think we are related.
My great grandmother was Rachel Williams ( my grandmothers mother) I’m currently searching my family tree typed in my Great great grandfathers name and this post came up!
Please get in touch
Kind regards

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Helen,

How lovely to hear from you. I pop back on here sporadically. It'd be lovely to speak further. My email is on my profile. I'll check yours and email if I can x
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams