Author Topic: Edith Marion Queenie Gorring/William James Wall  (Read 10365 times)

Offline buttercup2009

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Marion Queenie Gorring/William James Wall
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi MIW

Am I right in assuming that Eric was from the first marriage, do you know anything about him?  Donald and Marilyn were probably from the second marriage.  I looked at the 1911 census and found Bill's father with his daughter.  I do understand that we are talking about living people coming forward but I am interested in knowing what became of them.  If you have any other information perhaps you could email me.

Thanks
Buttercup
Davey Brightlingsea/Jersey/Oxford
Whitsey Lambeth
Cuckow Coventry/Camberwell/Canada
Broadrib Camberwell/Canada
Mear(e)s Haverfordwest/Woolwich
Lemon Plymouth/Woolwich/Plumstead
Staplehurst Sussex/Greenwich
Frisby Market Deeping/Ontario/BC Canada
Terry Bletchingley/London/BC Canada
Hunt Alresford/Plumstead/Deptford
Gorring Plumstead/Canada
Ford  Woolwich - James Thomas died in South Africa
Ellis Woolwich/Wandsworth/Canada
Juby Plumstead

Offline miw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 November 09 23:09 GMT (UK) »

I understood that Queenie had committed bigamy, but like all family stories you can't be sure till you get to the source. 

Found a notice of the application for divorce - as i said never beleive all that the family tell you.

Offline buttercup2009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 November 09 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I think that in those days too adultery had to be cited in order for a person to get a divorce!  It was the case here though I don't know about Canada.  Certainly people had to actually be caught together and evidence had to be submitted to prove adultery - it wan't straightforward at all, it was made very difficult.  And there were times when adultery was used because it was the only way for the divorce to happen.  So who knows what was actually involved, difficult for us to say, without being a fly on the wall! Oh, how handy would that be!    ;D

:)
Buttercup
Whitsey Lambeth
Gorring Plumstead/Canada
Juby Plumstead

Offline Lollie1960

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 March 15 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Wow! To ALL whom have replied, I'm here to let you know, I'm Edith Marion Queenie Gorring MARTIN'S, Grandaughter. My name is Lori Anne Martin.  She had 3 children. First was Eric "Hank" Wall. Second she gave birth to twin boys, June 6, 1929, Plumstead, Woolich, Kent, England. Unfortunately, one of the twins passed away 3 weeks after born. The surviving son, George Percival Albert Martin, is my Father. Also known as "Bob Martin". Edith met & married my Grandfather, George Martin in London, UK. The Gorring Family, her parents, William & Rosie moved to Canada. They made Toronto, Ontario, Canada in the 1950's home. Their son Victor, had Down Syndrome & passed away very young. They are buried in Pine Hills Cemetery, Toronto. Edith's brother, Thomas, resided in Toronto. Married, Millicent, Aunt Mill & had a son, Michael Gorring. Retired to east Ontario, PICTON! This is where my Grandparents also retired too. (Queenie & George). I have a few memories of ROSIE GORRING, my Great-Grandmother. She also lived in Toronto. My cousin, Terry Wall (Eric Wall's son) & myself attended her funeral. She was 99 years old. Buried in Pine Hills Cemetery. Eric Wall started a Chemical Company, in Toronto called CHRISTIE CHEMICALS. Where Aunt Mill worked for. Eric married, Josephina, "Aunt Fini", & the company moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This is where their son Terrance, "Terry" was born & still resides. Uncle Eric passed away in Montreal in May 2012. My Father, Bob Martin worked for the CBC, "Canadian Broadcasting Company", & this is where he met my mother, Margaret Des Anges Laverty. I'm their only child. In 1970 George & Queenie moved back to England. The landed in Faversham, Kent. The. They moved yet again to Kingsbridge, South Devon. This where both passed away. Nanna passed away August, 1982. Grandad passed away 1992. My Dad remarried & retired to Kingsbridge 1978. He passed away January 12, 1997. Upon his passing I found out I have a sister, her name is Gail. Born May 1947. She never got the chance to meet him. But, she's now got me. & the same for Me! Yay! So, I hope you see my reply? I hope to hear from any GORRING, MEARS, MARTIN, WALL, FAMILY MEMBERS! You've got a lot of family here in CANADA! 

Offline buttercup2009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 March 15 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Wow! To ALL whom have replied, I'm here to let you know, I'm Edith Marion Queenie Gorring MARTIN'S, Grandaughter. My name is Lori Anne Martin.  She had 3 children. First was Eric "Hank" Wall. Second she gave birth to twin boys, June 6, 1929, Plumstead, Woolich, Kent, England. Unfortunately, one of the twins passed away 3 weeks after born. The surviving son, George Percival Albert Martin, is my Father. Also known as "Bob Martin". Edith met & married my Grandfather, George Martin in London, UK. The Gorring Family, her parents, William & Rosie moved to Canada. They made Toronto, Ontario, Canada in the 1950's home. Their son Victor, had Down Syndrome & passed away very young. They are buried in Pine Hills Cemetery, Toronto. Edith's brother, Thomas, resided in Toronto. Married, Millicent, Aunt Mill & had a son, Michael Gorring. Retired to east Ontario, PICTON!
This is where my Grandparents also retired too. (Queenie & George). I have a few memories of ROSIE GORRING, my Great-Grandmother. She also lived in Toronto. My cousin, Terry Wall (Eric Wall's son) & myself attended her funeral. She was 99 years old. Buried in Pine Hills Cemetery. Eric Wall started a Chemical Company, in Toronto called CHRISTIE CHEMICALS. Where Aunt Mill worked for. Eric married, Josephina, "Aunt Fini", & the company moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This is where their son Terrance, "Terry" was born & still resides. Uncle Eric passed away in Montreal in May 2012. My Father, Bob Martin worked for the CBC, "Canadian Broadcasting Company", & this is where he met my mother, Margaret Des Anges Laverty. I'm their only child. In 1970 George & Queenie moved back to England. The landed in Faversham, Kent. The. They moved yet again to Kingsbridge, South Devon. This where both passed away. Nanna passed away August, 1982. Grandad passed away 1992. My Dad remarried & retired to Kingsbridge 1978. He passed away January 12, 1997. Upon his passing I found out I have a sister, her name is Gail. Born May 1947. She never got the chance to meet him. But, she's now got me. & the same for Me! Yay! So, I hope you see my reply? I hope to hear from any GORRING, MEARS, MARTIN, WALL, FAMILY MEMBERS! You've got a lot of family here in CANADA! 
Wow! To ALL whom have replied, I'm here to let you know, I'm Edith Marion Queenie Gorring MARTIN'S, Grandaughter. My name is Lori Anne Martin.  She had 3 children. First was Eric "Hank" Wall. Second she gave birth to twin boys, June 6, 1929, Plumstead, Woolich, Kent, England. Unfortunately, one of the twins passed away 3 weeks after born. The surviving son, George Percival Albert Martin, is my Father. Also known as "Bob Martin". Edith met & married my Grandfather, George Martin in London, UK. The Gorring Family, her parents, William & Rosie moved to Canada. They made Toronto, Ontario, Canada in the 1950's home. Their son Victor, had Down Syndrome & passed away very young. They are buried in Pine Hills Cemetery, Toronto. Edith's brother, Thomas, resided in Toronto. Married, Millicent, Aunt Mill & had a son, Michael Gorring. Retired to east Ontario, PICTON! This is where my Grandparents also retired too. (Queenie & George). I have a few memories of ROSIE GORRING, my Great-Grandmother. She also lived in Toronto. My cousin, Terry Wall (Eric Wall's son) & myself attended her funeral. She was 99 years old. Buried in Pine Hills Cemetery. Eric Wall started a Chemical Company, in Toronto called CHRISTIE CHEMICALS. Where Aunt Mill worked for. Eric married, Josephina, "Aunt Fini", & the company moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This is where their son Terrance, "Terry" was born & still resides. Uncle Eric passed away in Montreal in May 2012. My Father, Bob Martin worked for the CBC, "Canadian Broadcasting Company", & this is where he met my mother, Margaret Des Anges Laverty. I'm their only child. In 1970 George & Queenie moved back to England. The landed in Faversham, Kent. The. They moved yet again to Kingsbridge, South Devon. This where both passed away. Nanna passed away August, 1982. Grandad passed away 1992. My Dad remarried & retired to Kingsbridge 1978. He passed away January 12, 1997. Upon his passing I found out I have a sister, her name is Gail. Born May 1947. She never got the chance to meet him. But, she's now got me. & the same for Me! Yay! So, I hope you see my reply? I hope to hear from any GORRING, MEARS, MARTIN, WALL, FAMILY MEMBERS! You've got a lot of family here in CANADA!
   Hi Lori, I am so excited to see your post. I was just looking at the Gorring's the other day - I hop about around families. We are related I believe through Rose, your GGrandmother - she was one of my Grandfather's sisters and a Mears, I still retain the Mears name. There seems to be a complicated story here and I have unravelled some of it and have even got your name on the tree. After quite some time I did find Edith & George back in Devon England Could I email you privately please, I have a million questions and I hope I can exchange a lot about Rose and her family. Look forward to hearing from you again     ;D
Whitsey Lambeth
Gorring Plumstead/Canada
Juby Plumstead

Offline miw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 02 March 15 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lori
Guess we must be cousins to some degree, my grandmother was William Wall's sister.  I think I did meet Eric once but it was very long ago.
Strange - I never knew about the chemical company but my eldest daughter is called Christy.
This branch of the family certainly travelled backwards and forwards a lot!
You might want to also see the thread in US Lookup requests - headed 'Completed-Arrivals in New York -look up please' from November 2009 and another one from the same month 'children of William Wall'
I will message you with more when I can look through all of my details, I certainly need to collate all of the dates to try and work out what happened in the 1920s.   
Mary

Offline Lollie1960

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 March 15 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Buttercup Mears! So nice to see your reply/post. I would be happy to share as much as I can about my Nan's history. I reside just north of Toronto in Newmarket, Ontario. I'd like to speak with you, therefore you could hear my Canadian voice! LOL. But, I'm unsure on just how to achieve this? I will post my email address: (*). I just saw another post to my reply to another family member? MIW? MIW if you too see this post? Please take note of my email address. I too would also like to speak with you. I've got unlimited long distance worldwide. So, there would be no cost to you! I just got off the phone to my Sister, Gail & told her about this site. Plus, if I'm right? You both reside in the UK?  Gail lives in Wales! I'm looking forward in hearing from you! Take care, Lollie

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline miw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 March 15 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Dear Lori
I have made a note of your email now in case it gets edited by someone at Rootschat.  It's not recommended to show your email in posts, if you click on someone's name ie 'Lollie1960' you will
see an option to send a private message.
I'll send you a PM later when I get home, although I think we have a broadband problem so you might not get it till later.
Mary