Author Topic: A girl called Fortable!  (Read 13250 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A girl called Fortable!
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 28 March 09 16:51 GMT (UK) »
I think the address of James' second marriage may be Lynedoch Street in Greenock. Maybe a search on deaths around 1870 Renfrewshire will show the name of his 1st wife

Offline CharlenePetersen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Mcclune Family South Africa, Cape Town
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 June 11 14:37 BST (UK) »
HI Scatza

I saw your post on this website and thought I'd reply to see how far it goes.

My name is Charlene Petersen and I live in Cape Town, South Africa.
My mom's maiden name is McClune and she is the eldest daughter of Thomas McClune, his wife Sophia McClune.

My mom from what she told me, her dad's father is from Scotland and he and his brother moved to South Africa after the War and married South African women.

Her grandmother's name was Anne or Anna. I'm not too sure of all the detail, but will have to spend time with my mom's side of the family whom I have'nt seen in ages.
They are trying to locate lost family and loved ones, as they strongly believe they are related to the Scotland Mcclune Family.

For now I only have listed the names of my mother's brother's and sisters if it means anything: (*)

Mom's Dat Thomas Mcclune married Sophia they lived on a farm in Wolsely, Cape Town

Pls let me know if this information means anything to you and write back if you require any information or pics I may have omitted

Kind Regards
Charlene

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc,

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 09 June 11 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlene

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I have edited out the names of your aunts and uncles from your post above for the reasons as shown on the post.

Hope you enjoy your time here on RootsChat.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline A Blessing

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Mcclune Family South Africa, Cape Town
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 June 11 13:17 BST (UK) »
HI Scatza

I saw your post on this website and thought I'd reply to see how far it goes.

My name is Charlene Petersen and I live in Cape Town, South Africa.
My mom's maiden name is McClune and she is the eldest daughter of Thomas McClune, his wife Sophia McClune.

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]My mom from what she told me, her dad's father is from Scotland and he and his brother moved to South Africa after the War and married South African women.[/color]

Her grandmother's name was Anne or Anna. I'm not too sure of all the detail, but will have to spend time with my mom's side of the family whom I have'nt seen in ages.
They are trying to locate lost family and loved ones, as they strongly believe they are related to the Scotland Mcclune Family.

For now I only have listed the names of my mother's brother's and sisters if it means anything: (*)

Mom's Dat Thomas Mcclune married Sophia they lived on a farm in Wolsely, Cape Town

Pls let me know if this information means anything to you and write back if you require any information or pics I may have omitted

Kind Regards
Charlene

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc,

Hi Charlene

Your grandpa was born  on the 31 May 1930 in Ceres  Western Cape -He was Thomas David McCLune
Grandma was  Sophia Van Der Merwe born 23 December 1930.Dad and mom had 15 kids -2 died early age -13 still alive.    Dad McCLune brothers names (*)

Charlene your great grandpa name was Edward Stuart McCLune -He was married to Elizabeth Davids
She grew up in Prince Albert -western cape -nearby oudtshoorn-greatgrandma was 47 in 1943
Your great grand mother got a niece in Firgrove cape town Aunty (*) - her husband Uncle (*) -some of their daughers  do nursing(little pieces i know).

Your grandpa got nephews (*)

(*) Moderator Comment:

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 June 11 13:28 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, A Blessing  :)

As with Charlene's post, some of the details you have included in respect of names relate to living people which are not permitted on the main open boards here RootsChat to protect people's privacy.

Once you and Charlene have made at least 3 posts on the open forum, your Private Message service (PMs) will be activated. This is a a good way to exchange personal emails.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amyerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 02:25 BST (UK) »
Fortable McKenna was my Great Grand Mother and married David McKenna on 29th Jan !899.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 18:57 BST (UK) »
5 1876 SIMERS MARY F SOUTH KNAPDALE /ARGYLL 533/00 0005

Is it possible that this F stands for Fortable? Has someone already looked at the birth certificate?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline amyerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 15:28 BST (UK) »
Fortable McKenna was my Great Grand Mother and married David McKenna on 29th Jan !899.

Offline Jernas1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 24 September 12 14:50 BST (UK) »
Fortable McKenna b. abt 1876 David Meikle McKenna are my Great Grand parents. i have ask family members about the name Fortable and all they say is that the name came from a ships name. i have been trying to find Fortable Cambell without success. and have concluded that it is most likely that Isabella Campbell Simers if intact Fortable Campbell Simers. with Fortable being a family pet name.