Author Topic: 'Mental home' in Bridgend  (Read 44753 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 'Mental home' in Bridgend
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 19:02 BST (UK) »
When I started this post it was for my great grandfather who had allegedly spent time in some sort of 'mental home' or worked in one, although that is dubious.  Recently found out that his grandmother died in Bridgend asylum in 1911. So I wonder if something was running in the family.  Does anyone know if the Bridgend asylum records are easily acccessible?
Valleygirl, Find my Past have the 1911 census online. 
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline Valleygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 19:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Rebekah
I am aware that Find my past has the 1911 Census but having spent more than two hours trying to find the Glamorgan County Asylum on the site I gave up, Tried again later and each search came back with no results  until I went back to the 1901 census  selected the name of a worker then did the same name search for 1911 when lo and behold it appeared, confusingly with the same details I had initially entered but then I discovered that all the inmates were listed by initials only so it appears that the only way to confirm the actual inmate is to get the original medical documents.
Regards

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 01 February 18 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Post removed, wrong info given from family.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).