Author Topic: GAULT Ireland all dates  (Read 28351 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GAULT Ireland all dates
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 07 January 17 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for you answers.

Yes, Robert died in Manchester.

Apologies - I've posted to the wrong section - Trillick is in County Tyrone.

New topic on TYRONE board-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=762474.new#new
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GAULT/Junkin
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Stevenson,

We know that William Galt dies in 1871 and leaves house to daughter Elizabeth Jenkins (Gault b.1840), but she re-marries a Thomas Smyth in 1872 and then this house goes too their son (also Thomas b. 1873) when Thomas senior died in 1894. William Junkin (Toreagh) dies in 1894 and leaves estate and items to children Agnes, William & Robert. In 1901 Elizabeth & David Jenkins in Larne with Lily Smyth.

Is it possible of such a coincidence that a William Junkin from Toreagh, not married to Elizabeth Gault has children of the same names and approx. same age range. I believed he died in 1871, but now am not sure, will keep searching.

There is an Elizabeth Smyth dies in Feb 1896, just wondering if this is my Elizabeth Jenkins Gault and how Lily ended up with the two Jenkins' in Larne? David Jenkins in 1911 census with the Gault family, Craiganboy Glynn. This would be family of James Gault, Elizabeth Smyth's (Gault) brother.

I do know that my William Junkin is from the Toreagh/Raloo area.

Terry

Offline karlab619

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 26 August 22 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi!
Does anyone have any information about Alexander Gault, born 1829? I thought it was the same Alexander previously posted here, from Doagh, but he was married to Jane (Senor sp?) Gault, b. 1833?.

I believe he left Ireland and arrived in New York in 1849. He could he be from Keenaghan, but not sure how to confirm. He had 4 children, and eventually became the Mayor of Nevada City, California.  :) Id like to find out more, or pointed in the right direction, on how to find my roots in Ireland. Thanks.  :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 28 August 22 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hi!
Does anyone have any information about Alexander Gault, born 1829? I thought it was the same Alexander previously posted here, from Doagh, but he was married to Jane (Senor sp?) Gault, b. 1833?.

I believe he left Ireland and arrived in New York in 1849. He could he be from Keenaghan, but not sure how to confirm. He had 4 children, and eventually became the Mayor of Nevada City, California.  :) Id like to find out more, or pointed in the right direction, on how to find my roots in Ireland. Thanks.  :)

Is this the townland your mean?
https://www.townlands.ie/tyrone/dungannon-upper/kildress/oaklands/keenaghan/
You would need to check to see what church records survive (not all survive, of those that do not all are online) but probably not many would go back to 1820s. Do you know what religion Alexander Gault might have been?

Offline karlab619

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 30 August 22 00:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the response,  aghadowey. I'm really not sure. There were 3 Alexander Gaults born in Ireland around the same time, going by process of elimination.

I found an article of  Alexander Gault in Nevada City, California, which lists him as a church officer at Trinity Episcopal Church in 1880.

I’m just getting started with attempting to find deeper roots in Ireland. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Is this the townland your mean?
https://www.townlands.ie/tyrone/dungannon-upper/kildress/oaklands/keenaghan/
You would need to check to see what church records survive (not all survive, of those that do not all are online) but probably not many would go back to 1820s. Do you know what religion Alexander Gault might have been?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 30 August 22 20:33 BST (UK) »
PRONI's Guide to Church records (link on page) will give a good indication of which records might survive.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=753389.0

Offline karlab619

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 30 August 22 22:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much! Ill see what I can find.  :)