Author Topic: GAULT Ireland all dates  (Read 28248 times)

Offline littlebirdieone

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: GAULT Ireland all dates
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 February 13 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have some information on Gaults from Dunloy, also looking for information on Gaults from Taylorstown .  Please email me.
(*)
Thanks Dawn

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 May 14 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, It's been a while since I've been on here, and have got back on the trail of searching my great grandmothers life. Just read all the comments here and was wondering if there is a connection.

My grandfather John McNeil Jenkins, my gr grandmother Eliza Jenkins born 1865, single mother I believe.

I believe her father was a William Junkin (b. 1836ish) married to an Elizabeth Gault (b.1840ish)

Just trying to trace my granddads father as I don't believe Eliza Jenkins married.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 May 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi 
Impossible to find your Grandfather's father if he was not names on the birth certificate.

Elizabeth Jenkins (Junkin) her parents William Junkin and Eliza Galt her siblings Patrick William Agnes David.

Elizabeth Galt   her parents William Galt and Elizabeth Boyd

William Galt(Gault) buried Glynn right on the edge by the road.
Interestingly McNeil's buried not far away on the edge by the road.

Still looking for Junkin graves if you could point me in a direction to look please.

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have the siblings as William, Agnes, David & Robert, but not Patrick.

Their father William (b. ca 1836) and I believe the grandfather may have also been William Junkin b. ca 1801). (so many hard to decipher). Ballynure cemetery.

I believe Robert died quite young. Agnes married James Moore in 1889. I remember meeting William Moore as a young child, a farmer from the Ballynure area.

I know the name changed to Jenkins for some reason, so it could be William & David Jenkins on the 01/11 census.

Terry

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 May 14 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Elizabeth Junkin(Jenkins) one of her siblings were Patrick, I got that from William Gaults will which is on line now. Patrick could have died young or went abroad.

Junkin's are Larne , Ballynure, Raloo, Carickfurgus ,Carnmoney
I shall continue to look.

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 May 14 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Stevenson,

The reason for the research is to find out about my gr grandmothers (Elizabeth Jenkins/Junkin) life.

There is an Elizabeth Junkin(Gault) married to a Thomas Smyth in Antrim in 1872. I find it hard to believe this could be her .......aged 7 "IF" the dates are correct.

I also found this in the 1901 census: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Larne/Hope_Street/995970/

Lily Smith aged 7, Lizzie Jenkins aged 27, David Jenkins 26.
Was wondering if there is any connection.

Many Thanks

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 15 May 14 14:40 BST (UK) »
Ummm.........

In William Galts will he leaves the house in Ballylessen to his daughter Elizabeth Jenkin......if you look in proni on line, this home then goes to Thomas Smyth in 1895 it then goes to someone else.
Thomas Smyth's will is on line he died 4/12/1894 naming children and wife Elizabeth.

Think you need to get marriage details to the 1872 marriage to see if Elizabeth was a widow, it looks like Elizabeth remarried after William Junkin dies.

1901 census does look like Elizabeth(the later unmarried mother) and her brother.....but who is Lilly...could she be a daughter from their mother's second marriage.....but their mother would have been in her very late fifties by then......

I am still ummmmming......

Steve

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 May 14 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It is a mystery and an even larger one now. My gr grandmother was born in 1865 so the1901 census Lizzie Jenkins aged 27 doesn't match.  William Junkin my gr gr grandfather married Eliza Gault (Galt).  It maybe a William Junkin death in 1895 that is my gr gr grandfather which, would tie in with leaving the house to Elizabeth Jenkin in 1895.... But you state William Galt leaves house to Elizabeth Jenkin? Thomas Smyth you said dies in 1894.....how can a house be left to someone who is dead 1 year?

Think this is more than umming.....  Many thanks for your input!

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 May 14 15:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry did not make myself clear.

William Galt(married to Elizabeth Boyd )buried in Glyn left his daughter Elizabeth Junkin nee Gault the house in Ballylesson ,looks like she married again same year her father died to Thomas Smyth
But you would need to get that marriage details to confirm that.(it would say she was a widow)

The William Junkin of Raloo who died in 1894....his wife was Margaret...and had been since the 1840s ,his father is buried in Carrickfurgus and his grandfather in old Raloo........This is not the William married to Elizabeth Gault.

The Junkins/Jenkins buried  Ballynure  which one do you think is yours.

What information do you have that you know is 100% correct.

Steve