Author Topic: Link: Marriage Allegations, Bonds and Licences in England and Wales  (Read 7650 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Link: All you need to know about Marriages
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for the web link.

Cheers
anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Marriage Allegations, Bonds and Licences in England and Wales
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 16:56 GMT (UK) »
The Cheshire Bond alegations that cover Lancashire aswell (Most actual marriage licenses were give to the couple and now lost in time)

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1410775
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Lancsboy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 23:11 BST (UK) »
I am looking for an explanation of abbreviations found in an ancestor's marriage record. The marriage took place at Radcliffe, St Mary, in 1717/8 and the record image includes the abbreviated note "p. cert. censur. subj." I believe "p. cert." means by certificate, but I cannot discover what "censur. subj." suggests.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 August 15 00:49 BST (UK) »
parish certified (Formal) disapproval

Meaning the parish admin can't stop a marriage but have registered a formal stated disapproval of it or parent disapproval of a full age sibling marriage of the future spouse of their sibling. ie: "Speak now! or forever hold your peace." (Someone or organisation 'P' spoke!)