Author Topic: Any info on Kottingham House and/or Cooperage, Burton on Trent  (Read 7295 times)

Offline Nithbank

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any info on Kottingham House and/or Cooperage, Burton on Trent
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 October 15 20:43 BST (UK) »
You may be interested in a share certificate I've just listed on EBay at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201440877627?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

It refers to a Newton Husbands of Kottingham House, Burton on Trent, and shows a holding in a company called State Electric Palaces.

Offline goff153

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 October 15 11:56 BST (UK) »
Kottingham House was for awhile the HQ of the publishers of Waterways World magazine, which is still in publication but at a different address in Burton.  I wonder whether they have any information which might help?

Offline alanspencer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 January 17 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi l was born in 1948 at Dale terraces number 8. the entrance to the ten property's was under a archway  in Dale street just after the archway on the left their was the cooperage as a little boy of about four or five l watch them making beer barrels. my farther and mother rented the two bed house from a man called Newton husband l think that was his name. The couple who live in Kottingham house above the arcway was called Mr and Mrs Bennett they use to clean the property l left Dale terrace and moved with my mum and dad to Rolleston on Dove when i was 15 years old later Dale street and dale terrace was all knocked down         

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 January 17 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Just wanted to say a little welcome to RootsChat Alan :) Goff was online earlier

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geordie daughter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan, I hope you're still around, as it's been a year since you posted! Can you remember where 6 Dale Street was in relation to your house, at all? My Alfred Newton lived at that address from some time in the 1870s until he died in 1889, and it would be great to know which side of the street his house was (not to mention anything else you can remember about the area), as I'm currently putting together a booklet on the lives and times of my ancestors for my family. I've an 1884 map of Burton and there are several short stretches of terracing on the side you lived on and a longer one running between Canal and Paget Streets on the opposite side. Today, the whole area is an industrial estate, so there are no clues as to how it looked before.