Author Topic: Henson  (Read 11165 times)

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henson
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 April 09 05:46 BST (UK) »
Ann Maria COPE bapt 13 Oct 1844, Kings Ripton according to IGI, parents John and Alice.

A Sarah bapt same day.

Found what could be the marriage.

Charles HANSON married Anne Maria COPE, Dec qtr 1868, Clerkenwell, 1b 1005.

You can order the cert on line to check if it is the right one http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Costs £7

Clerkenwell is in London

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 April 09 06:03 BST (UK) »
Frances Alice HEUSON born Sep qtr 1869, Huntingdon, 3b 254

The original index is typed so you would have to put the name as written to ensure you get the right one.

Definitely her I think.

Ian C

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 April 09 06:21 BST (UK) »
If that is the marriage for Charles and Ann, it is on the IGI as well, 26 Dec 1868, at Pentonville, London. Getting the cert though will give their fathers names and confirm if it is the right ones.

This looks like it could be after the birth of Albert, and so you might need to look for the birth of an Albert COPE rather than an Albert HENSON. Not saying it is him, but there is a birth for an Albert Arthur COPE Mar qtr 1868, Huntingdon. Can't find him in the 1871 census and there is no death for him up till then, so a possibility. Fits with being 2 in 1870 US census.

Ian C

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 11 April 09 06:23 BST (UK) »
The other possibility is Charles was a widower when he married Ann and Albert is his son from the first marriage.

Ian C

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 April 09 10:09 BST (UK) »
In 1861 Anne COPE was a servant in the household of Edward MARTIN at Abbots Ripton - RG9/975/F141/P9

John and Alice are around in 1871 so they did not die to not show up in 1861.

Found them in 1861 looking for just Alice born in Brampton 1810, still in Kings Ripton but indexed as COSSE, the p looks like the old double s - RG9/975/F151/P6. He is John junr, so his father was also John.

Think the Frances Alice is more than likely the right one, named for her two grandmothers, Frances (Fanny) HENSON and Alice COPE.

Ian C

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 April 09 15:15 BST (UK) »
Ian,

That connection of naming Frances Alice after her grandmothers hit me last night.  Although I am leaning to accepting for now that these are my people, I am trying to figure out is why after growing up in Abbotts Ripton,  Charles and Ann(e) would be in London in 1868.   I know that they could have gone there looking for work.  Do you know if it was  common for folks from that far north to head to London? 

Thanks for turning me on to the other to websites.  It will probably be worth the investment to order the documents even if they turn out not to be my kin. 

Allen
Henson, Cartwright