Author Topic: Cronehills school West Bromwich  (Read 16520 times)

Offline baggiechris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cronehills school West Bromwich
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 November 08 05:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony , Thanks for the welcome , I'm sure I will have fun when I finally get the hang of it, See from your address you are from Wolverhampton, Hope my knock at the Dingles didn't upset you.  :o
I worked in the High st at Firkins for a few years after finnishing school. Last saw West Bromwich in 2000 while  on Holidays  from Australia. Came out here in 1968  Looks like the baggies and Blues will pass each other at the end of the season  one Up one Down LOL

Offline Tony55

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 November 08 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Chris,
   your more than welcome and i'm sure you'll soon get the hang of the site  :)
they're a great bunch of people on here, always willing to help and the wealth of knowledge and resource is endless!
   just one thing ...  >:( i'm a Brummie through and through  ;D though have lived in W'ton for 28 years but i still visit Brum at least once a week!

Take care, regards, Tony

(ps: i worked for sandwell council on public buildings for a few years so have worked in most of their schools...)
Tranter-Birmingham.
Rennison-ERYorkshire
Felton-Newport/Bilston/Walsall
Williamson/Johnson-Middlesex/Hertfordshire

elizabet

family archives from school
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi again. Just seen a few snaps of a Cronehills technical School by Yew Tree Boy and others. But does the school keep records of attendees from the 1930s and 40s please?
I have been told that he school may have records from other schools for the same period, but cannot get a reply.
I reside in Cirencester, and have little time to visit schools

Thank you in advance

Offline Blackcountry Beryl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 July 09 16:51 BST (UK) »
Cronehills finally closes this month, July 2009, and will be demolished.    They do have some school records and I think these will be deposited in the local Archives held at Smethwick Library.   

Old "boys and girls" were invited to a last look around the school on 4th June.   The classrooms haven't altered, neither have the cloakrooms - they still have their iron folding cage doors and chapel hat pegs.   Unfortunately in the past part of the Domestic Science block was altered - the structure still stands, but the sides are open.   The quad, used in my day for the girls to play netball, is now used as a safe play area for the children.   The boys' metal and woodworking rooms were changed into a large dining hall for the littleys.   

I understand from one of the teachers that they were putting photos on their website, but I haven't found them.

Offline west-bromwich-phot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 16:54 BST (UK) »
I have a West Bromwich website showing West Brom and Cronehills school which may interest a few

I went around the school on the day they handed the keys over to the developer ready for demolition and I was given a few hand to photo the school for my site.

Walking around those empty corridors & classes was really weird, you could feel the history of the school oozing from the walls, all of those kids memories to be soon smashed down into dust

Here is my site if you want some great photos of the school

http://www.west-bromwich-photos.co.uk/cronehillsschool.htm

Offline west-bromwich-phot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 24 October 09 08:59 BST (UK) »
Demolition has now started on this fantastic building  :(

Progress.....they can stick it !!

Paul

www.west-bromwich-photos.co.uk

www.freewebs.com/karenswift13

Offline Westwood P

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 07 August 10 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hello
Looking for information on PITCHER family members who attended Cronehills in the late 50's early 60's, a girl then moved to Yew Tree estate soon after.
Any information would be appreciated.
Westwood 

Offline Cass Bamboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 October 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi , Has anyone got a Photo of Cronehills . Later named West Bromwich Technical High School
The school  has been demolished and I would love a photo to put in my family tree  I attended in the 60's have got my primary school but Cronehills is a missing link. Any help would be appreciated Ta

Offline Cass Bamboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 October 17 09:16 BST (UK) »
I was a pupil at Crime Hills in the sixties - would be interesting if anyone had any photos of pupils from that era.
After school socializing included Grows Ice Cream Parlour and The Cass Bamboo
 There was also Chads Fish & Chips.
The pictures of the school are just as I remember it,  would be good if anyone had some pictures of the the sixties pupils ?