Author Topic: WANETONGE/WANIGETUNGA/WENIGETUNGA/WENITONG Family  (Read 9072 times)

Offline sharony

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WANETONGE/WANIGETUNGA/WENIGETUNGA/WENITONG Family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 00:00 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this site and I am an original wenitong, daughter of Ben and Eileen Wenitong niece to James, Lionel, Rachel, June and Anne

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, sharony

All of the people who have contributed to this thread should get notification that you have posted.

Cheers, Judith (I'm not part of the family, just interested in helping with research when I have time)
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 01:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharony

May I also welcome you to this fantastic website.   Earlier in this thread when I welcomed Kellic  :) I posted a live link and I mentioned Goodnight Scrub  :)  :) which of course is very near to Qld's Gin Gin.

I am not related to the families mentioned in this thread, but I will try to help you further if I can.

JM

Hi there, Kellic,

Welcome to RootsChat.

It is a fantastic place, especially for anyone seeking help with their family history.

If you click on the live link you will find an earlier thread that may have some further info for you

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=577010.0

It is entirely possible for you to be descending from people from Ceylon, and also to have an Aboriginal heritage, and also a European heritage as well. 

I have ancestors born in Spain, France, the Sub-Continent, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Switzerland, and many other places, who came to Australia at various times from around 1790s to the mid 19th Century.

I have relatives who live in the general area near to Goodnight Scrub  :)

Many Cheers,

JM

Found info in Mackay data base that John Wenitong arrived in Cairns off boat after that appears in Gin Gin
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Skinni-winni

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 June 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharony - I am a Wenitong from Australia - I'm guessing we are cousins as my dad was Lionel & brother to Ben & Jim etc. I'm on FB as John & John M Wenitong & am also an author writing as Pemulwuy Weeatunga for a fiction series about mum's aboriginal side of the family :) Google Wenitong Australia & you'll see a few of my family here & my book series is called: The Fethafoot Chronicles - good to meet of this isn't too old etc ?) :)