Author Topic: McClure  (Read 7856 times)

Offline Margaret Loughridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McClure
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 22 April 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
There was a brother William Andrew born in 1878, i found him in the 1901 census but not in the 1911 census as he was blind or deaf and dumb. His mum was Eliza nee Boyd born 1841 who married William Clarke, Lizzie Clarke born 1874, Annie Clarke born 1876 who was my husband William loughridge grandnother, and Maggie born 1880 who married Robert Blakeley, hope this helps

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 22 April 17 12:02 BST (UK) »
There was a brother William Andrew born in 1878, i found him in the 1901 census but not in the 1911 census as he was blind or deaf and dumb. His mum was Eliza nee Boyd born 1841 who married William Clarke, Lizzie Clarke born 1874, Annie Clarke born 1876 who was my husband William loughridge grandnother, and Maggie born 1880 who married Robert Blakeley, hope this helps

Where did you find William Andrew in 1901? if he was living in Ireland in 1911 he should be listed in the census
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Alannah L

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 22 April 17 21:22 BST (UK) »
hello there aghadowey i am margarets daughter and have taken on this family tree as a project if you will i have been confused by this mystery for at least 5 years, William Andrew does just seem to disappear from records sadly and we have no idea where he was buried either, it is something my dad named after him has always wanted to know so we can pay our respects  too our relatives, in 1901 i believe he was in Union St in Ballymoney i could be wrong here but we have been told William Andrew was blind and dumb so we don't believe he would have left his home, or Ireland for that... so if anyone has any info i would love to know too add to the family tree descendant report i have

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 22 April 17 22:23 BST (UK) »
There is this William McClure in Union Street, Ballymomey at 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Ballymoney/Union_Street/125939/
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Alannah L

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 22 April 17 22:47 BST (UK) »
yeah sorry dunno if i was clear before were looking a William Andrew Clarke born 1876 just outside ballymoney a place called ballyveely road may have been called castle quarter lower back then like i say its a mystery im just hoping someone sees this and can shed more light on it for my family

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 22 April 17 23:10 BST (UK) »
It is a bit confusing as this thread started out about McClures (as in the title) and now you're l;ooking for a William Andrew Clarke but a few points as you don't seem to know the area too well.

William Andrew Clarke born 1876 just outside ballymoney a place called ballyveely road may have been called castle quarter lower back then
Castlequarter is the district (D.E.D. in census) not the name of the place. Road names only started being used in the country from about the 1970s so before that date the address would have been the townland.

Ballyveely is divided into two townlands- Upper and Lower. In 1901 there's a John Clarke and family here- no sign of a William-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Castlequarter/Ballyveely_Lr_/944074

in 1901 i believe he was in Union St in Ballymoney
There are no Clarkes in Union St., Ballymoney in 1901 but there are some in there in 1911 (but not a William Clarke)
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Ballymoney__Urban__and_Ballymoney_Urban_District/Union_Street

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 April 17 23:15 BST (UK) »
Ok, a 30yr old William Clarke died at Union Street on 14th July 1910. Mother, Elizabeth, was present. Father, William, already deceased. Cause of death was Congenital Imbecility.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 22 April 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
William Clarke born 28 Jan.1876 Ballyvilly [Ballyveely]- no middle name when registered-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1876/03072/2125966.pdf

https://www.townlands.ie/search/?q=ballyveely

In 1924 Electoral Register there's an Elizabeth Clarke, Union St.

Kilraughts Presbyterian Church-
Samuel Clarke, Ballyveely, died 1949; wife Annie died 1964
http://colerainefhs.org.uk/?page_id=124304&paged=4

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 22 April 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
A widowed Eliza Clarke, aged 72, in Union Street at 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Ballymoney/Union_Street/125934/

with two daughters also living there.

Although widowed, she stated married 40yrs, with 4 children born and 3 children living.